Chapter 8: Father's and Mother's memory's

I saw Natsu outside with his head hanging low, waiting for me.. I jogged over to him, stopping right next to him. I panted a little until I caught my breath. "Natsu. Are you okay?"

I stared at him for a second, and he responded. "Please. Don't make it harder then it is for me." I could barely see his face since he was wearing a hooded jacket and had the hood on over his head. How is it hard for him?

"Natsu, how am I making something hard for you? Even thought you say that you are not the way you were the first day we meet, and all, I believe that a part of him is still in you." He lifted his face and I saw a few tears swell up. Natsu, what have I done? What happened to you?

"Okay. I will make a deal. But first, sorry for what I said. I really do have a good reasons, and it would be best if we weren't friends, it doesn't mean we will be friends, but I will meet up with you saturday. I will be nice and show you the other side of me you like so much." I could barely see it, but his tears began to slip out of his eyes a bit. I can't believe that he is crying.

"But..." He continued. "The deal is, that after I hang out with you that day, you can't talk to me, until I say it is okay. Please, understand. We really can't be friends, or anything more, right now." He pulled his hand up to his face, wiping the tears off his face. "Now, I guess I could give you a proper smile, though."

He pulled off his hoodie, and I saw the one smile that could not beat any other. I love that smile so much, and that was really why I like him so much. I love his smile. It is so carefree, when it is real. I smiled back at him. I do wonder what his sudden change in heart was about, though. He has so much that I don't know, and all.

"It's a deal." I grabbed his hand and pulled him along. "But I have my wager, too."

"What is it?" My mind had a perfect idea, but I planned to save it for Saturday after he left.

"How about you do something for me that way it will be memorable, okay. I don't want to forget the moment, even if it kills me." I laughed at myself. That isn't my true wager, but I really want to see his reaction when I ask him to be different, in a certain way.

I laughed to myself as I arrived at my house, realizing that Natsu was still with me. "Oh, sorry. I didn't mean to pull you along." I smiled, and yet again, laughed at myself. "I guess it doesn't' matter. You could come in and visit for a minute. Would you like to?" What are you doing, Luce. I mean, inviting a guy into your house!

"Yeah, sure. I mean, I was going to invite myself in anyways." He laughed as I noticed that my face had turned red.

"Natsu!" I crossed my hands, but soon after calmed down, letting him in.

He looked around. "Wow. Good size house." Looking up at my pictures, he pointed towards a photo of a family picture. "Who are those? Are those your parents?"

I faked a smile. "Yeah. My mom, she used to take care of me so much, and my dad did too, but i the end, I am living alone." Not knowing until I felt my cheek, I noticed that I was crying.

"Luce, are you okay? Here." He pulled me in. "If you want, you can tell me anything. I don't mind." His hug, unlike last time, was with both of his arms wrapped around me, and I felt comfort fill me a little. His chest was well built up, from what I could tell, and I could hear his heart. His heart. It is beating fast.

I smiled a bit, with the tears still falling. "Yeah, I guess I will tell you."

We sat next to each other on my bed. "It all started after my mother died. I was traumatized. I wanted nothing to do with it. All I could do was keep crying. Every mothers day, or someone mentioning about how their mother did this, or that, it would bring back memories of her."