Chapter 9: Retell the story, Natsu, it's your side of it

Frustrated with myself, I slammed my fist into my hammock, which was totally bent up as it was, making it fall down from where it hung. With it, I fell down because of my loss of balance.

"S**t." I cursed at myself, as I got up, examining my leg, which was hurting at the moment, for any signs of it being hurt bad. Luckily, I didn't have anything.

I sighed. Calm down, Natsu. I know you are irritated with yourself for deciding this, but there is nothing you can do to take it back.

Realizing how mad I had just gotten, I hung the haymic back up. Finally I was calmed down. It did hurt a lot, though, for myself to have to deal with this sort of pain I hadn't felt before.

"Mrrrrrrow." I looked over my shoulder to see a sad Happy behind me. Oh, the poor thing. Walking over to him, I gently scratched his head, under his chin, and his back. "Purrr, Purrr" He purred with delight.

Getting back up, I smiled. "Thanks, Happy. You just made me feel a little better." I gave a gentle smile and turned around to grab my clothes, getting dressed. If only my life didn't have to be this way. Then I could love anyone I wanted without having to hurt them. I went over and grabbed my white scarf, stuffing it in my pocket for good luck, like I normally do.

What would it be like....if I didn't have to be this way. As I looked in the mirror, my mind went off to the world I wished I could have.

"Luce!" I grabbed her hand. "Please. I love you. Do you not understand?!" She looked at me and smiled.

"Yeah. I do understand. Thank you for everything you have done. I love you too." She leaned in to kiss me.

"MROW!" Happy's meow caught my attention. Snap! Right at the good part, too.

I put my black scarf on as I looked at the clock. "Oh, No! I am going to be late! Thanks Happy! If you didn't take me out of my day dream about Lucy, then I would of been waaaaay late." Grazing the bottom of the cats chin, I got back up and left running out the door.

Huffing my way to school, I arrived in a nick of time. I quickly stood up tall, and got ready to start the 'Rebel Natsu' act I did as i walked inside the school. Here I go again. Better act cool.

That was how my day started. Some unexpected thing happened at and after lunch. It all started when Luce walked over to my empty table at lunch.

"What do you want? Leave me alone." I could feel my face boiling to a red hot color. Not from being angry, but from being nervous around her. I can't give up the act now. Even if it is Luce. Yeah. That's right. Even though I said that, I had to bite my lip because it hurt my heart to say that to her.

She didn't speak for a moment. Once she did, she sounded so generous, kind and happy all at the same time, it was hard to turn away from her. "I wanted to be friends, even if you don't think that I am your friend."

It was hard to get it out, but I managed to get it out with a harsh tone to get her attention. "Leave me alone now. I don't want to talk to a girl like you ever again." Why, Luce. It's already hard enough. I mean, I had to fight for you that once to keep you safe. I just don't want you getting hurt. Why are you making me do this.

I could hear the irritation in Lucy's voice as she spoke a little louder. "Look, I was trying to be nice. Couldn't you ever be the person I meet on that first day!" She was almost yelling at the end.

For a while, we did not speak. I could not find the words to say. I felt really hurt. It's like a harpoon.....no....a cannon was shot right through my heart. I didn't want to do this, because it really hurts her, but....but.... "Why. Why won't you listen to me. And don't' you ever bring up that day we meet. It was never me. You just caught me on one of my odd days, that even I don't understand. Now leave me alone."