Chapter 6: Hardships cast

Almost every day people confronted me about my friend Lisanna. Or atleast my used to be friend. I still remember the day that I had to start being this way because I was helpless. I was young, and I didn't have a family, so it was scary.

Every time I fight people, it is because they think we are still friends, but it ended long ago. It ended when I told her 'I did what I wanted' and all. The only flaw in what people think is that I didn't hurt her at all. All I did then was push her.

I hated it so much, but I couldn't do anything. They all said that if I was friends with her, they would attack me, and kill me along with Lisanna afterwards.

I was young, and now I haven't seen her since, but things have been coming up again. People had been asking if I was still friends with Lisanna, but they won't tell me anything else before trying to attack me.

Lisanna. I punched the last guy and he ran screaming. "He's a crazy guy!" One of them said. "Yeah, I told you we shouldn't of picked him! The rumors of him being a total Rebel was true!" The other one said. I never wanted to be the way I am now, but I thought they would leave you alone if I did this.

I stood there, looking at my hand. It had some blood on it and I wiped it on my handkerchief I carried with me in secret, then put it back away in my pocket. Why did it have to come to this...?

I turned around after hearing a sound of footsteps behind me. "So, Natsu? You wanted to meet me here?" I looked at her, and there stood Lucy. Well. Atleast I can be friends with you. I am glad.

"How long have you been there?!" I remembered that I had just had a battle and if she saw, I didn't' know what she would do. Did she see what I just did?!

"I just got here. I had some complications and now Happy is tagging along. So I wanted to ask you if you wanted to go bowling in a bit, but it's your choice." I smiled.

But then I was sighing in relief that she didn't show any sign of seeing me. "Well, I guess. Does that mean we are friends?" I wanted to have a friend again so bad.

She giggled, and her smile was so bright, even the sun couldn't manage. "I have one favor to ask, though." There is one thing that I can't have her doing. For her own safety.

"Sure. I guess. What is the favor?" I hope she doesn't' hate me.

Maybe someday when we are great friends, and I don't have to be this 'Rebel' person, I can tell her why. "If you want to talk to me at school, ever, well...." I really hoped that she would agree to this. "The thing is once you start talking to me at school, you either need to make sure that you stay near me whenever you can. Please. I have my reasons." My voice in the end softened a bit to where it was as low as a whisper.

She was staring at me, but smiled. "Yeah, I can do that, but you need to try to socialize a bit more. Please. Because it would be nice to have other friends to socialize with too every once in a while." Sorry, Luce, but that is the one thing I can't do. "Now, we should go. I mean, we will be late as it is to the bowling alley."

I didn't understand at first why she was in such a hurry, but after she briefed me on what happened, I kind of freaked out. My mouth was wide open as I heard what she said. "WAIT! So you mean that that piece of scrap metal, I mean Gajeel, actually might like someone!" I could hear my voice raise real loud.

"Yeah. It's kind of funny. Who would of known that a book worm, similar to how I am, would like a person like Gajeel." What would be wrong with a person like him liking a unique person like you, Luce? I mean, I like you. I kept it in my mind, because she might get the wrong idea if I said that.