9 - A growing friendship

21-8-15

I have an Important Announcement to make.

I love all of you so damn much! This story has reached #122 in Spiritual, which is insane ;)

But still, I have no problem with this insanity :p  

Stay same and Vote, Comment, Follow, Share etc.... xD

I was too lazy to complete my project throughout the day. Khadija called me at five in the morning to wake me up. She magically knew that my project was incomplete, more like not started yet. When I asked her why she was up this late, she explained that it's fajr time.

From three weeks, mom's health was falling badly. No medicines were working on her. But, she still insisted me to complete my studies. It's not like I learn something from books. In fact, I don't understand the language. But still, just for her joy I continued the school.

This past week she has been continuously torturing me to go school or she wouldn't take her pills.

I was still catching up a bit by Khadija's notes, but my mind was always on mom.

Mom and Khadija got closer after I introduced them.

Mom keeps asking her questions like 'Why do you wear headscarf?' Or

'Why do you pray?'

'Why do you follow a muslim religion?' And many questions like that.

Not being offended, she answers them all calmly.

I listen to her and it makes sense. She has hidden her beauty from this dirty world.

She explained me the literal meaning of hijab is to veil, to cover, or to screen.  Islam is known as a religion concerned with community cohesion and moral boundaries, and therefore hijab is a way of ensuring that the moral boundaries between unrelated men and women are respected.  In this sense, the term hijab encompasses more than a scarf and more then a dress code.  It is a term that denotes modest dressing and modest behavior. 

Hijab frees women from being thought of as sexual objects of desire or from being valued for their looks, or body shape rather then their minds and intellect. That disgusting steroids man came to my mind. If only I would have worn longer shorts.

No longer slaves to consumerism, hijab liberate women from the need to conform to unrealistic stereotypes and images dictated by the media.  A woman wearing hijab have expressed that dressing modestly and covering their hair, minimizes sexual harassment. The aura of privacy created by hijab is indicative of the great value Islam places upon women.

Hijab can be a symbol of piety and it can be a sign of great inner strength and fortitude.  A woman wearing hijab becomes a very visible sign of Islam.  While Muslim men can blend easily into any society, Muslim woman are often put on the line, and forced to defend not only their decision to cover, but also their religion.  Khadija's friend was tortured for wearing a hijab. She faced some problems at first but then settled in now.

I don't know why a person should be judged or justified for covering their hair and following a simple religion.

At first I misunderstood her but now, she is a best friend I could ask for.

After a few days I got over the jealousy I had for her. She was now my friend and there was no reason to be jealous. I was beautiful in my own way as Zain said.

I yawn and a drool passes my lips. Yuck!

I'm feeling so sleepy, yet I have a project to finish. This is the second reason why I want to leave school. I'm lazy too study. I refuse to put my great mind in studies. I want to be a... I don't want to be anything. People have big aims to be a doctor or an astronaut but me, I want to be nothing.