34 - Illusion?

5-3-17

I know sorry can't cut out my sudden disappearance so I won't say it. Just know I had a good enough of a reason to leave. It was personal and so can't be discussed. I'm not asking you understand here but just ignore that I was absent and tell me that you missed me ;)

UNEDITED.

Zain's pov

"So, you are the girl that made my boy faint." Well if you put it that way, it sounds beyond embarrassing making me feel to take a deep dive in an ocean with no coming back.

"What can I say ma'am, I have the looks of hur al-ayn." Did she just say that? Lying so much should be a crime with death penalty.

I start to cough harshly, as an attempt to conceal my next words spoken. "More like a Shaitan."

"You think I look like Satan!" She exclaimed faking her pearl like tears and my siblings decided it would be joyful to join her. Can't believe these kids are my siblings, whining with the whiner.

"Zain Raihan Alana, you made the poor girl upset. How can you call this sweet girl a devil? Ask for forgiveness, now. " huh? Why should I apologise for saying the ultimate truth?

If only my mom knew about her manipulative acts and the devil's face behind her so innocent facade.

"Ammi, she is faking. I know her well enough to grasp that she never cries. She is a kind of person who holds sadistic tendencies to make people cry a river." I indeed sympathize the students surrounding her and the teachers who has to deal with her.

May Allah save her future spouse, Ameen.

"Zain, apologize!" I can't deny my ammi's word anymore and decide to lie the way ammi wanted.

"I'm sorry for hurting you April... but the truth hurts." I added at the end moving close to her, in a slow voice that my ammi wouldn't hear.

I swear seeing her shiver for a second there, making me doubt my eyes.

I moved myself not wanting to converse with her anymore. Sitting beside my abbu we talk about school and studies. No matter how hard I study, I always score average. Abbu didn't seem disappointed when I told him about my grades.

Taking a look at the Satan I notice her actions were actually sweeter than usual. And some idiots like Husna and Khadija do fall for her acts. She better not try to fool my mom or I'll cut her into pieces.

"... and I'll surely text you the recipe. Or you could come over for dinner? And you know that Khadija is so dumb, she can't even cook rice. I'm so glad that Zain was saved by me or he would have to eat hard rice for the rest of his life. And do you know that I love baking? You should taste the April chicken. Before you ask, yes I named it after me for the copyright purpose. By the way you look really beautiful. Tell me your secret?" That girl! She has already started her manoeuvre talk and needs to leave before my mom thinks of her as a sweet nun. Only I know her true colours which are much more than a freaking rainbow. I stood up to save my ammi from the monster's wrath.

"Zain, why don't you take Faizan and Sana for a walk? They can get to know you better." Ya Allah, I'm leaving my ammi in your protection. Please don't let any harm come near her. I only met her after more than a decade.

I took the two of them leaving the hotel. Both of them have been acting awkwardly around me, since the time they came to knew I was their brother. To my utter surprise they got along just fine with Husna unlike with me.

"If you are really my brother, then will you give me a piggyback ride?" Sana asked pulling up a cute pout that no one could resist. Her dimples at the sides was just a bonus making me realise that how did I this amazing little munchkin in my life.