23 - Just Be Friends

15-2-16

I can't thank you guys enough for supporting me. The comments in the previous chapters were so encouraging that... I can't even explain!

The best I can repay you is by praying for you. You guys too remember me on your prayers :)

This chapter is dedicated to Zia Shaikh for reading my story even when she has to study for her exams. She just loves my story too much ;)

EDITED!

Zain's Pov

I cant understand it. Why do I have to take her out to be forgiven? Like taking her out will change that crazy girls mind. She made me dance for her. I still cant get over that embarrassment. She really needs psychiatric help. She is crazy.

"So what have you thought?" Husna asked, folding her arms across her chest. I glared at her. I am in this mess because of her. Why is she doing this? I know I was wrong and I genuinely want April to forgive me. But I see no point in taking her out for that. Maybe its a new girl thing or something like that.

"If only suicide was allowed in Islam, I wouldnt have to go through this shit", I frankly stated to her.

Husna narrowed her eyes at me.

"I cant believe it Zain", she said in an exasperated tone. "Why do you always think ill about that girl? She is such a nice person. For once can you just let go of your anger and think good about her. You insulted her by rejecting her and then had the nerve to physically push her. On top of that, the video of her humiliation went viral. The poor girl has gone through so much because of your insensitivity and you are still making a big deal about taking her out to get your apology accepted?" Husna sounded angry though I couldnt fathom why? Why cant April just accept my apology like a normal person?

Because Allah made her special.

Did I just think that??? Special as in how we refer to disabled people. Not as in someone you are attracted to, right? Am I attracted to her? Nah, pffft.

"So what have you planned?" Husna was in no mood to let me off the hook so easily. Great question sis!

"Well... I have planned nothing", I said with an angry sneer. Why do I feel like pulling out those pretty eyes of my sister? Oh yeah, because she deadpans me so effortlessly.

"Listen carefully baby brother", Husna began in her best talking-to-my-kid brother tone. "You will take her to that park which we found that day."

A few years ago, we came across this beautiful big park which is always empty. Its situated on the outskirts of the city, hidden inside a forest. That place is a miracle I must say. I sometimes drive over to clear my mind of the worries. That place is special for me.

"You can take food for her and it will be like a picnic. When she is done eating, she will surely accept your apology and then you will be free", Husna waved her hands to add the requisite dramatic effect to her words. An important detail seemed to have slipped my dear sisters mind. I cant cook to save my life. After having food cooked by me, April will surely have food poisoning and I would definitely be free. Brilliant sis!

As if reading my mind, Husna gave me one of her meanest smile and said, I know that already. That is why I ordered food from a nearby restaurant. She smirked at me. Maybe I can push her off the nearest cliff. Astagfirullah! Stop thinking of her as a Satan. Think positive Zain!

"Thats a great plan Husna." I hugged her even though a part of me wanted to cry in front of her. What am I scared about? That April would try to kiss me again? Nah, she wont try that again. Or would she?