10 - Shopping and stealing

25-8-15

The next few chapters are going to be... complicated. I can't continue a story without a tragic plot. It cant be all rainbows and strawberries, but I promise to make you cry hard.For now, enjoy this chapter and do coo

We searched every corner of every shopping mall. It is really a tough job to find a perfect dress.

I did find few dresses but Khadija rejected all of them. She didn't see them as 'the one'. I never heard that the dress should be counted as 'the one'. It was just used for the boys. She is totally nuts.

In this sour atmosphere, I found something useful. A pendant. A black stone pendant to be exact. The stone is broken in half so that it could be worn by two. That wasn't its specialty. The specialty was, that Zain has the same pendant hanging on his neck. He is never seen without it. Anyone can say that he is attached to that thing. So I bought that pendant while Khadija kept wandering around, searching a perfect 'the one' dress for me.

I find a black silk dress and it looks really dreamy.

"How about this one? Is it the one?" I was getting fed up with her answer and hope that she doesn't reject it.

"Nah! Too short and sleeveless. Nowhere near the one." I'm really frustrated now.

"Come on, we are leaving. I'm wearing this dress on my date." I said pointing at my own dress.

"You are right. Let's go." What the...

"Wait! I wanted you to stop me. You know, I go and you try to stop me kind of scene?" She laughed at me and I found nothing funny.

"April, you are so... April." Yea! I'm without a doubt.

"I have a perfect dress for you. Let's leave." She said dragging me out.

We passed through the lingerie aisle and I looked no one watching us. I stuff a black bra in my bag.

Just as we stepped out, the alarm went off.

Oops.

"Ma'am, please step aside." Khadija glared at the guard.

"You heavy weighted steroid! I didn't steal anything!" If looks could kill, the guard would be six feet down.

I tried to relax her but she kept shouting at everyone.

"I'm a muslim. We don't steal things. It's against our religion. It's a big sin. Why would you want to check our bags? Huh?" She was making the situation rougher.

"Shut up, you black lady. We will not just check your bags but we will check you too." Khadija's face paled as he said that. The guard was confirmed that she stole it.

"Okay. But only a lady can check me. Or else I'll put a case on you. My father is partnered with the biggest business here and I can sue you if you touch me." Is she that rich? Like our family?

This is not the right time to think that.

I have to handle this situation anyhow.

"We found the stuff stolen in this girl's bag." How the guard did have my bag? Was I that busy thinking, to not see my bag in his hands?

Oh Universe! I'm screwed.

After an hour, I and Khadija were locked up in a cell.

There was this girl with short hair who looked nearly fifteen.

"Hey! I'm April East. Soon to be April Alana. Wouldn't that be awesome? April Zain Alana. Fantastic. I just keep dreaming that maybe-"

"Why don't you shut up bïtch? No one wants to talk to you." She is so. . .rude.