21 - Am I dreaming?

5-2-16

Assalmualaikum!  Yesh I'm back. And thank you so much for all the votes and comments you dropped while I was absent :)

I hope you guys will be happy after this chapter and leave comments and votes :D

EDITED!

April's Pov

I had a feeling that this was going to be the worst day of my life. People do get intuitions, right?

I tried to calm my mind but couldn’t get rid of the negative thoughts that popped up there. What could go wrong today? Everything in my life was perfect.

Husna and I were friends now. Aiden has stopped being a snobby brat. Mom has been feeling well lately. Mary is coming back in a few days. Zain and I…well, we are good.

What could go wrong? Nothing.

Just another boring day at school. The song which I sang for Bethany is trending on Facebook and the bitch is paying for her sins. James is in the hospital and, for once, school felt peaceful.

I waved at people in the corridor and the locker room but none of the losers waved back. Weird people!

“April!”

I turned around and Khadija engulfed me tightly in a bear hug.

This felt good. Having a friend felt good.

I broke the hug and she smiled at me, but the smile did not reach her eyes. Dark circles under them further fueled my suspicions that something was wrong with her.

“Pretty girl, are you okay? “ I had to ask her.

“Yeah…I mean…why won’t I be? Listen, are you free today? “

“Yes, but why do you ask? Any cool plans?” I asked, winking at her. I still wasn’t satisfied with her answer but for now I decided to let it go.

“No, nothing important. Just keeping tabs on my bestie. I have to go for my class. See you later. Assalamalaikum.” With that she ran away.

Something was wrong with her and I had to find out. The detective in me sprang to life.

“Detective April reporting today. “

The first period was not so interesting. The teacher thought it would be cool to take a surprise test and it resulted in me looking around for answers to the questions she asked. I got a few and I think I may be able to pass.

The teacher made a face when she collected my answer-sheet. One day I will be rich and famous and that day she would come begging at my feet. My mind conjured up an image of her begging in front of me and that made me laugh.

“April, would you like to share with the rest of the class as to what you find so funny. “

She wants me to share this? Cool.

“I am just thinking about the day when I would be rich and famous and you will be begging at my feet for forgiveness. I mean, why did you make that face? Do you think I am dumb and can't pass that test? Guess what babes? I am just not interested and I don’t want to study. That’s it.” I said calmly and her mouth hung open.

After three seconds, the whole class burst into laughter.

“Out of my class”.

Well, I don’t have a problem.

So, that was the first period. In the rest of the periods, I kept my mouth shut. What is wrong with me? Why am I behaving so…uncool?

It was English period and I was so not looking forward to it. For English, Zain's section was grouped with mine, so he was bound to be present in the class. Khadija, Abdullah and Husna would also be there.