13 - Depression

6-9-15

Dedicated to kiranAbbasi. I love how she keeps me pushing for updates :):):)

Blame my mood for this kind of ... boring update :/ But it's long :)

Hands you all a box of tissue *sniff*

April's Pov

I feel hot tears coming out of my eyes like a waterfall. I'm not of those girls who cry on everything or over anything. Except for my mom's health, I never cry.

But this felt different. It feel like a heart break. It ached inside my chest.

Ew! What am I even saying? I shook that thought away from my mind, focusing again on today.

I was crushing on this guy for years and what he did? He crushed me in just few seconds. Is the rumors true that he doesn't have a heart? Some day I'll check his heartbeat.

But how could he do that to me? I'm the most awesome girl on this planet and even the Universe knows that. Why is the Universe doing this to me?

This has to stop. My liking towards Zain has to stop.

But I love him!

Did I just think that? But... how is it possible to love someone, you have hardly talked to?

I know I'm unique but this is really a great level of unique-ness.

"April, open the door!" Aiden kept knocking but I refused to reply.

When was he when I came in home and wanted a shoulder to cry on?

Mom called me but I ignored her. I don't want to answer her questions. I'm too tired for that.

"April, please don't do anything stupid." Eh! He is being such a baby.

"Go away. Shoo!" I shouted back, reassuring him.

"Okay, I'll give you space for tonight. And next time don't you dare ignore mom." This angered me. I stood up furiously and opened the door.

"I need space and so I can ignore her." Aiden's nose flared and his face turned red.

"Don't ever ignore her, April." Why is he doing this now?

"All my life I have listened to every word she said. And just once I ignore her, you are shouting at me!?" I screamed back at him back.

"She is your mother. Don't show your tantrums in front of her!" He should have kept his mouth shut.

"I know she is my mother, and so I take care of her. I feed her, I cook for her, I bring those stupid medicines for her and I even make her sleep. I'm doing my job being her servant but you--" His palm hit my face in a sudden movement.

I was paralyzed. I couldn't move. Not even as a joke has he hit me.

He slapped me right on the face.

"Don't ever talk like you are doing a favor to her. I won't step back to kick you out of this house, April. You can go to Zain or any other guy, but if you are staying here, don't ever say a word against mom." He shut the door on my face and I slide my back against it, with my face in my hands.

What have I done?

I'm sure mom have hear every word. What would she think of me? How am I going to face her.

I sobbed controlling my hiccups. Khadija's scarf felt wet from my tears.

My head pained with all the drama and for once I felt like living in a soap opera. I have always dreamed for drama in my life but now I wish I hadn't.