29 - Dethrone

11-7-16

ARPIL

Opening the door ajar, I peep inside the room to find no one present.

Picking up my cell from the ground which fell with Husna's thrust, I message Mom saying that I'm at Khadija's engagement and will reach home late.

Smoothly I make my way towards her wardrobe, turning the key which was already present and unlocking it. Her clothing collection were mostly filled with full sleeves tops and long flare skirts. I pick out a beige studded top, and pair it with a black shiny satin skirt. To my surprise her dress is almost the same size as mine.

Her makeup was scattered all over across the table and I know she wouldn't mind me using it. After applying the primer, I give my face a flawless look with the help of the foundation and concealer. Next I apply the smoky shade to my eyes and created a perfect black wing, making it look bigger and more prettier. A bit of blush amd bronzer covered my cheeks. Taking the red mac lipstick I cover my lips, completing the look.

Then tying the black scarf as a hijab around my head, I try to pin it the same way Khadija does, but ended up  scratching my scalp. I couldn't just let it be or it will come off quickly.

Going through her drawers, I find a glue and thank the Universe. Taking the glue I stick the end of the hijab and it fits perfectly. Taking a look at myself in the mirror, I felt my pride go wide. I was indeed looking beautiful in this clothing. Maybe I should start filling my wardrobe with such clothing.

Climbing down the stairs, I felt eyes peirecing inside me. I then realized that I wasn't looking like an outsider anymore instead felt belonged. The living room was parted into two by the curtain, making the ladies stand at one side and the men at other. The living room was huge for five hundred people to fit in easily . At the ladies division, Khadija sat with other girls surrounding her.

A girl of nearly my age came forward and said salam, "Walikum-salam," I just hope I pronounced that right, or I have to book my ticket out.

"I haven't seen you before. Are you new here?" I wish I was.

"Kinda," I wasn't looking forward for a chit-chat but then the words that left her mouth had my full attention.

"MaShAllah, Khadija looks prettier than all." Her eyes were all focused on Khadija when she said so.

"Prettier my ass! I bet you are just jealous of the way I look. She is pretty but she can't beat my ass. Go feed your bullshit to someone who is willing to hear. And if I see your ugly face again, I'm going to rearrange it with all the abilities I possess."

I felt bad for flipping at her. My mind was screaming at me to leave this place, but I couldn't. I want to see this celebration go down in front of my eyes.

Sitting at one side, I pluck out the flowers one by one each and try to pull down the lighting. I frown at the attention Khadija was gaining. I bet she is dancing with happiness betraying my ass. I'm going to show who you messed with Khadija Kahoor.

"MaShaAllah, you are beautiful my dear." A sweet lady said making me smile wide. There are people who appreciate my beauty and don't get stuck to Khadija.

"I know right. I have been wanting to say it loud that I'm beautiful and not that idiot friend of mine. But then that would be rude of me. She doesn't even deserves my Zain. Zain needs someone as pretty as me. Khadija came between us knowing that I have paired her with Aiden,but no, that ugly mouse didn't.. Hey, where are you leaving for? Hear me out!" She ran away like her ass was on fire.