Chapter 3

I was running for about ten minutes when I caught a familiar scent but couldn't put my finger on it. I started following it and it lead me to an apartment building. I walking up the stairs to the pent house.

I opened the door and saw a man sitting on couch reading but jumped up alert. "Who are you?" He asked.

I studied his face and I finally remember him, "Peter?" He looked at me funny but he eventually recognized me. "Alex? Why are you here? Where's your mother?" He asked and I couldn't help but cry.

"Last night the hunters found us, I-I was the only one..." But I choked up.
"Oh my god." Peter pulled me in a hug and I could stop, I haven't had a good cry about what happened last night.

"I'm an alpha now." I said and he pulled away. "How?" He asked confused.

"It's was my mother's dying wish so I could protect myself." I said.

We sat down and I fixed my makeup. We talked about everything, I talked about what happened in Mexico and he told me about his maniac phase. How he said it made me laugh but what happened with him being an Alpha and Dying and coming back was interesting. I forgot about Derek completely until the alpha from earlier came in with a girl his age.

"Dude your heart is pounding like crazy." I said and they both turned to me.

"What the hell are you doing here?" He asked.

"I could ask you the same thing." I said standing up.

"Alex is a good family friend." Peter said standing up next to me.

"Who's Alex?" The girl with the alpha asked. "Me, who're you? Actually I never got a proper introduction from you alpha." I said turning my attention to him. "Scott, and this is Malia." He said. I could tell Peter has been wanting to meet this girl Malia but didn't want to make it obvious.

"Alex, let me show you to your room, Scott I will be back in a minute." He said leading me to the stairs.

"You can have the guest room, should be comfortable." It was a big room with a queen bed and blue walls and a full bathroom. "I'm going to shower, shoulder be long." I said.

"I'll be downstairs." Peter said as he left me alone.

I got my only change of clothes from my bag and walked in the bathroom.
I was in the shower for about twenty minutes, half the time sitting on the floor and crying with the hot water pouring on my head.

After I dried off I removed my makeup and threw my wet hair up. I walked down the stair to an empty room, welcoming huh Peter. He probably found out about Derek from Scott and left.

I walked into the kitchen to find a note on the fridge.

Alex,
Scott told me about what happened to Derek and you at the police station. I'll be back soon with Derek.

-p

I made some pasta I found and grated cheese to eat. I ate it all and made my way back to my room and feel asleep holding the last family picture I had.

I woke up when I felt someone sitting at the end of my bed. I jumped up and it was a man I don't recognize. I jumped on him and wrapped my claws around his neck with one hand and with the other my hand in the air ready to rip his throat out, "Who are you?" I yelled. 

"Lil Al, your an alpha?" Derek asked. I didn't understand how he is now older, what has he been up to?

"Derek?" I sat next to him and he sat up. "Are you okay?" I asked but instead of a reply he gave me a hug. "Peter told you didn't he?" I asked.

"He did, I'm sorry I know why your going through." He said. I didn't cry, if I did I would become dehydrated. Derek was like an older brother when I visited him. I looked up to him and I never want him to see me weak and vulnerable, especially when I'm now and alpha.

"What's going to happen to me?" I asked.

"Your going to be enrolled in Beacon Hills High School and be trained as an alpha." He said as I pulled away.

"School! Really?" I asked. I haven't gone to school in a year and I'm now being forced to go to high school?

"I'm going to enroll you today and Scott will show you around for your first day next week ." Derek said and I laid down and let out a frustrating sigh.

"Fine, but I don't have anything to wear except this and what I wore today." I said looking at the jeans and black v neck I was wearing.

"Don't worry we have it covered. I went back today to your house and got all your clothes. Not very colorful girl I noticed, lots of red and black." He said and made me laugh as I noticed two big suit cases at the door.

"Wait what time is it?" I asked. I looked at my phone on the night stand and it was one in the afternoon.

"We start training in an hour." Derek stood up and left the room.

I laid on my bed for ten minutes before getting up to changed into yoga pants and a workout shirt and black sneakers.

I threw my hair in a pony as I walked downstairs and their was no one in sigh. "Hello?" I yelled. Then from behind I felt two hands grab me but I kicked them away, it was Peter.

Next Derek was running to me but I jumped over him and pulled him to the ground by his shoulder.

Scott came from my left and as I saw his fist I held it and place sit behind his back and pushed him away.

When I caught my breath Peter placed his claws around my neck and Derek jumped up and his glowing blues eyes were staring at me.

"Didn't think you would be that good for your first sneak attack." Scott said panting back in human form.

"I was born a werewolf, I've been training since day one." I said and took Peters hand away from my neck and flipped him.

"You boys need the training not me." I said as I retracted my nails and eyes went back to blue.