Chapter 8

I woke up when I felt the cold water hit my body. I looked around the seeing Liam next to me in what looks like a well. Stone was surrounding us and by looking up it was a fifty foot climb to get out.

"Alex are you okay?" He asked helping me stay standing. I realized that Garret stabbed me when I felt the pain in my stomach.

"How long have I've been out?" I asked trying not to panic about the wolfsbane.

"About five hours."

"And no one has found us?" I was shocked that no one has found us.

We stood their in silence for a few seconds. As my balance weaken his grip around my waist got tightened.
Being out for that long with the wolfsbane I'm surprise I'm not dead.

"Thank you." He said and I looked at him funny.

"For what?"

"You sorta saved me from Garret." He said and I couldn't help but laugh.

"I didn't save you, I just took the unnecessary pain for you." He just chuckled. I rested my head on his shoulder when a tear escaped my eye.

"Hey don't cry." He said wiping my tear away. "I'm going to die down here Liam, I feel the wolfsbane creeping around my heart." I said quietly.

"No your not." Liam said letting me go. I held onto one of the rocks for support as I watched Liam climb. He was almost there, he was almost free, but I saw his grip slip.
"Liam just hold on." I said quietly. He was about to fall but a hand grabbed him before falling.

I smiled as Liam was pulled out of the well but my vision started going black. My feet couldn't support me anymore and I was holding on the the stones for full support.

"Alex, are you okay?" I heard Scott yell down to me. I looked up to them and gave a weak smile. I saw a rope fall in front of me and I used all my strength to tie it around my waist.

I was in Scott's arms as he ran, "Stay awake Alex, we're almost at Deaton's." I heard him say. I blacked out as I heard the two boys talking.

"She's dying Deaton, please do something." I heard Liam say and it went all black.

Dream

"Stop it, give it back!" I yelled at one of my older cousins. They kept taking my phone and throwing it around in a circle like monkey in the middle.

I then saw my aunt running throw the beach yelling for us to run. I then saw hunters with loaded guns.

The next thing I saw was my whole family on the beach dead. I looked up and on of the hunters came up to me and I tried running but tripped over the bodies. I looked at the hunters talking to one of my younger cousins. She was about eight and was covered in blood from attacking a hunter. "You are a monster, killing one of ours and look around you. You killed my family, and now..." The hunter shot my cousin right in the head.

End of dream

I woke up gasping for air from the nightmare. I've never had a nightmare like they before. At times I replay that that when the hunters came but it wasn't as gory.

I opened my eyes and saw Scott standing at the end of the cold metal table. I tried sitting up but I felt two hands push me softly back down to the table. I looked up and Liam was standing there with a smile.

"Where am I?" I asked. I wasn't at a hospital but some doctors office.

"Alex this is Deaton, he is a veterinarian and was the Hale family Druid Emissary." Scott introduced us.