Chapter 10

The next morning I woke up as I heard an alarm go off in the other room. I got up and stretched my back from laying on the small couch all night. 

I walked into the kitchen seeing Jordan in uniform making a pot of coffee.
"Morning, how'd you sleep?" He asked.

"Okay." I said as he handed me a mug for coffee. "Hey I was wondering if I will be getting any money soon from what my family left me?" I asked.

"Well usually you get the money at eighteen but since you have no family to live with I could see what I can do but you might be put into foster care." And my eyes widen at the word foster.

"Can I be emancipated or something?" I asked. "Your only a freshman in high school with no job and your crashing on couches for a night so I don't think they would even consider with the paperwork." He said and I just groaned. I looked at the clock seeing it was 7 o'clock on a Sunday.

"I'm going to be leaving in ten minutes, are you going to be okay alone today?" He asked. "A few months ago you arrested me and now your trusting me in your apartment?" I asked. The thought is funny but it being my life is just crazy.

"Yeah, if you told me you would be sleeping on my couch when I arrested you I would laugh." He said.

"I'm going to shower and I'll probably go out today doing who knows what." I said taking some cloths out of my bag.

"Okay but when you get out I'll probably be gone." He said and I nod.

Before walking in the bathroom I looked back. "Hey Parrish, thanks." I said and shut the bathroom door.

After showering I put on leggings and a maroon crop top and navy cardigan.
I put on a little makeup before leaving.
As I walked outside I realized I had a bunch of text messages from last night and today.

Liam: hey meet me at Scott's house tomorrow, we are going to try catch the benefactor

Liam: Alex are you coming?

Liam:ALEX ARE YOU OKAY?

Liam: please answer

Scott:Alex it Scott, can you please answer your phone before Liam looses it

I walked to Scott's and when the door opened I nearly feel over when Liam pretty much jumped on me hugging me. "Why didn't you answer your phone? Where were you?" Liam asked sniffing me. It sounds not as weird as it actually is. "Derek kicked me out and so I crashed at Deputy Parrish apartment." I said walking in the house.

"Why Parrish?" Liam asked and I just rolled my eyes. "Can you just tell me why I'm here?" I asked as I saw Scott and Kira standing by the table as Stiles packed three MacBooks in his bag.

"We are going to catch the benefactors, and by using Scott as bait." Liam said.

Scott explained the plan about trying to get the benefactor to come for visual proof Scott, the true alpha dead. "You guys are absolutely insane. The Benefactor themselves won't come, if they would consider seeing the body in person they wouldn't go. Instead they would send some to see..." But Stiles cut me off, "God do you have to be so negative? She is the female version of Isaac!" He said. Who's Isaac I asked myself.

"Look this is the closest we will get to the benefactor so you can either stay and help or leave." Scott said and as I turned around heading to the door Liam grabbed my wrist. "Alex please stay." He begged. "Fine." I said rolling my eyes.

After Stiles left Kira's mom came to help the process of faking Scott's death.
We were in Scott's room with Kira and her mom standing by the sides of his bed he was laying on. Liam was standing at the end of the bed and he was a nervous reck.

"Are you guys totally sure about this?" Liam asked with fear in his voice.

"I think Liam's kind of nervous.
Maybe you should tell him it's going to be all right." Kira told Scott.

"It's going to be all right." Scott said not even looking at his beta but at Kira.

"So, you've done this before, right?" Liam asked Kira's mom.

"I've seen it done."

"Is that just as good?"

"No." Wow don't sugar coat it.

"Mom, you're not inspiring confidence." Kira yelled at her mom.

"Good. This is a terrible idea." Thank you for stating the obvious.

"Do you want us to do it without you?" Kira snapped at her mom. Her mom sighed since Kira and Scott are sold on the idea.

"Put your hand over his heart." She instructed. Kira put her hand over Scott's exposed chest but before she could do anything Scott snatched her hand.

"Hold on." He said.
"What happens while I'm out? Am I gonna feel anything?" He asked.

"It might feel like you're dreaming."

"Good dreams or bad?" I laughed a little at his concern.

"I suppose that depends on you."

Kira placed her hand over Scott's chest and crackling noises started and Scott started gasping for air and then he looked dead.

I grabbed Liam's hand as he watched his alpha lying on is bed looking dead.
I took out my phone and started dialing .

911 whats your emergency?

We waited in the morgue with Scott's body waiting for his mom. I heard everything that happened in the process of the doctors trying to save his life. I could hear Liam's step dad's voice telling someone to page Mrs.McCall. To some people they think a death doesn't affect the doctor but it really does and I could hear it in his voice.

Mrs.McCall came in wiping tears away and sniffling. She walked over to Scott's body and sighed. "I still hate this plan." She stated.

"I mean this is pretty significantly terrifyingly." She said and I nod agreeing.

"He looks dead." She said on the verge of tears again.

"Give me your hand." Kira mom instructed. She at first didn't feel a heart beat on Scott's chest and started panicking a little.

"It's okay." I said. "Wait for it."
She sigh in relief after a minute when she finally felt a heart beat.

"Is that enough to keep a werewolf alive? "

"Enough for an Alpha."

"How much time do we have? "

"Forty-five minutes." I stated.

"What happens after that?" Mrs. McCall asked.

I bring him back the same way." Kira said avoiding what Mrs.McCall really wanted to know.

"No, I mean what happens if he stays like this longer than forty-five minutes?" We all stood their in silence.

"No one's told her?"

"What? What happens after forty-five minutes?" Mrs.McCall asked concerned.

"He dies." I said.