Part 2 chapter 5

At school Liam handed me the book we have to read. "Dread Doctors, I like the title." I said. "Well it's a cool but the fact they're real kind of terrifies me." He said.  I read the back of the book and it is kind of a terrifying stories, burying kids alive, science freak shows running around the town. History repeating? The bell got my attention from reading the back of the book, I put it in my bag and walked to the gym for my free period.

As I was changing I texted Liam if he wanted to spot me but he never answered. If he got his phone taken away this early in the day I'll laugh. I had my workout leggings on with a white crop top and black nikes. I hate work out clothes but at the same time love them. They are so revealing but so damn comfy.
I walked into the weigh room when I saw Theo there at the weights. I rolled my eyes as I laid down on the bench with one hundred pound weights. I lifted them no problem. I got up and added another hundred. When I laid back down I looked up to Theo. "What are you doing?" I asked him as I took the bar. "Spotting you." He said like it was obvious. I rolled my eyes and lifted the weights about five times before sitting up. "Does it look like I need spotting? " I spat at him. He put his hands up in defeat and walked back to the hand weights. I kept adding fifty until I got to five hundred pounds. The whole time Theo was looking at me in a creepy way. I had my headphones blaring so it wasn't just awkward silence.
    When I looked back at Theo I saw him talking to Malia, when did she come in?  She was holding his hands together with the weight machine. By the time I took my headphones out she stormed out.  "Good job angering the bipolar  werecoyote ." I said. As I got up   and walked over to the hand weights I looked through the mirror at Theo who shoulders were sore cause of Malia. I didn't realize I was staring until I heard Theo say, "Like a closer look?" He asked. I rolled my eyes as I lifted the one hundred pound hand weights. "Your funny." I said. Just then I saw the clock on the wall and I had five minutes until the bell rang. I quickly put the hand weights down and walked back to the bench and grabbed my phone and headphones.  "Leaving already?" He asked as he stood up. "I rather not be late to my next class." I said as I started walking out but Theo blocked my path. "What do you want?"  I asked him and he just smirked.  "I want to be in the pack, thought I made that clear."  He said giving me a smug look.  I shoved him out of my way and I heard him say before the door closed. "See you tonight at Scott's." 

The club was packed tonight.  I could barely get through the crowd without my tray nearly falling.  It took me over a half hour to find Hayden.  "Hey."  I told when I finally found her at the bar.  "I need to leave early, can you cover?"  I asked her and she nod. I knew she needed the money more than me so having some extra trays to cover wasn't so bad for her.  On my way out I was taking my heels off as I bumped into Liam.  "Hey babe."  He said as he kissed me. He checked out my outfit when he realized what I was wearing which was a black cocktail dress with a low cut so my boobs were pouring out.  "What are you doing here?"  I said snapping him out of his little trance. He took out a pile of cash from his pocket.  "I owe Hayden." He said.  "She is a little busy maybe give it to her tomorrow. " I said.  He walked me out but wasn't going with me to Scotts.  He felt really bad about Hayden situation and I don't blame him. But I can tell she isn't going to forgive him anytime soon. 

As I approached Scott's house my feet were about to give up on me.  I walked barefoot for over two miles.  I opened the door and all eyes were on me, or at least the lower part of me.  I looked like a wreak my dress riding up and my boobs hanging out.  "Someone looked like they had a fun night." Stiles said breaking the silence.  Everyone was sitting in different parts of the room reading.  "I forgot my copy can someone get me one?"  I asked as I sat at the same couch as Theo. 
I started reading but after the first couple pages I was about to pass out I was so tired.  "I'm done for the night, I'm so tired." I said.  "You can crash here for the night if you want." Scott suggested but I shock my head no. "James would be worried sick if I didn't come home, he just started sleeping okay." I said and Theo looked confused.  "James?"  He asked confused. "My little cousin." I clarified.  As I walked to the door Theo was right behind me. "You aren't walking home, you look like you'll pass out in the middle of the street." He said, I was too tired to fight him so I walked to his car. 
The car ride was short since I kind of passed out in the passenger seat.  I didn't realized I fell asleep until Theo shock me awake. "Hey sleeping beauty, this is your stop." He said parked in front of my building.  "How do you know my address?"  I asked him a little creeped out.  "Scott told me before we left."  He said.  I got out of the car with my heels in my hand waving Theo goodbye.  When I got in the apartment Jordan was in the kitchen looking worried until he saw me, and his facial expression changed to anger.  "Where the hell have you been? Do you know how hard it was getting James to sleep thinking you were okay?" He whispered loudly.  I stumbled to my room without saying anything.  "I'm sorry, it's been a long day."  I said throwing a baggy shirt over my dress and unzipped my dress. "Are you still working at the club? I told you you can't work there." He said following me inside the bathroom.  I washed my face removing my makeup and didn't even bother brushing my teeth.  "I'm sorry, it's been a long day."  I said about to pass out in the bathroom.  I was so tired I don't even remember walking to bed, just the sheets being thrown over me. "Good night." I heard said softly.  "Good night Dad."  I said before passing out. 

The next day I spent reading the book. It was boring to be honest, the only horrifying part was that it was true even though it's called SCIENCE FICTION.  I was in my geometry class when I heard a voice coming from the hall.  I got a pass and when I left the classroom I wasn't in the school anymore but I was back in Mexico.  I saw my little cousins playing in the woods when I heard clicking.  Before I could react a cold metal hand was around my neck.  I couldn't move, I tried prying the hand off of me but it was too strong.  I saw the two doctors go to my two little cousins and inject them with something.  They became, rapid.  "Failures." One of the doctors said.  My little cousins no older than ten were attacking each other like wild animals. And at that moment I caught a scent, from hunters.  Before I could do anything they ran off.  The doctors started saying my name in the some weird clicking tone, causing goosebumps to rise.  "Alex, Alex. "

Then I was hit with reality.  I was on the floor with people kneeing around me.  Hayden was there looking worried sick as well as my geometry teacher.  As I tired sitting up I saw Liam running down the hallway with Scott and Theo on his tail.  "What the hell happened?"  Hayden asked and all eyes fell on me.  "I don't know." I said. I stood up and everyone looked confused.  "I think I'll walk it off."  I said as I walked out of the building. 
I avoided the pack the rest of the day, including Liam.  I knew he would ask dumb questions like 'Are you okay?' 'What happened?' And stuff like that. I decided to walk whatever happened off all the way to James' school.  By the time I got there they were outside for recess.  I saw James playing Star Wars with these other boys.  He was fighting one of the boys with an invisible lightsaber.  My worst nightmare would be the doctors getting their hands on James. He is all that matters right now, if they do what they did to my poor other cousins causing my whole family getting killed, they have something coming.  And I don't know how, but whatever happens they sure as hell will remember Alex Mason.