Chapter 12

"You didn't ?" Lydia exclaimed over the radio playing. "No we didn't. It's called extreme make out." I said as loud as she did. If she thought I was willing to swipe my v card freshman year she's crazy.

"Can we just go to McDonalds already? I want to get Parrish some food as a little thank you for letting me crash at his place the past few nights.

Lydia told me about the mountain ash she found and the code her grandmother left unsolved before dying. Oh and she might have faked her death.

After we ordered the food we pulled up to the police station and I saw Stiles waiting for us by his jeep in front of the station.

We walked in so they could talk to the sheriff and when we pay Parrish's desk he wasn't there which was unlike him since his pain of a partner Haigh is sitting at his desk.

We walked into the sheriffs office and I zoned out texting Parrish but he never replied. "Hey sheriff where's Parrish? He isn't picking up his phone." I asked concerned. "I don't know." He said and opened the door asking loudly, "has anyone seen Parrish? Haigh?" He asked.

"Haven't seen him." High said and his heartbeat rose. "Lydia, Stiles, his heartbeat rose, it rose!" I said panicking. You really can't blame me, if anything happens to Parrish I'm screwed. He is like my guardian now, he is taking online classes for his foster license for me and cleaned the guest bedroom for me.

"Alex he is probably stuck in traffic don't..." Before Stiles could finish we heard gun shots, "You should be dead!" Haigh said.

We opened the door seeing a man covered in ash naked on top of Haigh.
"Hey you, hey!" The sheriff shouted as the man punched Haigh but he, had Parrish scent.

"Parrish? Parrish!" I yelled.

But then as he punched Haigh he shot me in the shoulder just missing the sheriff. I groan as I fell to the ground and when I got concerned looks I already felt it healing, "I'm okay." I said standing up with a little pain.

I looked and saw Parrish sitting against the desk with Haigh unconscious on the ground. Parrish looked at me concern, "oh my god Alex! Are you okay?" He asked and now I was really scared.

"Parrish I need to tell you something but first what the hell happened to you and why are you naked?" I asked.

We were at Derek's and I couldn't stand we were here. Last time I was here he had my stuff packed.

"He covered you in gasoline? " Derek

It's the hair and nails, isn't it? The parts of the body that are essentially dead.

Well, they should be gone.

I was set on fire.

All of me should be gone.

Not if you're like us.

Like you? I don't think he's like us.

"Then what is he?"

0Sorry, but I have no idea." Derek said not helping at all.
"But you knew about Jackson and Kira." Scott argued.

"This is a little out of my experience.
There might be something in the bestiary. Did you try Argent?" Derek asked Scott not even having the balls to look at me. I could hear his heart beating crazy when I walked in.
"I don't know where he is." Scott said disappointed.

"Okay, hold on.
What's a bestiary? Actually, that's not even my first question." He said all confused. "Just Just tell me one thing.
Are all of you like Lydia? Are you all psychic?" He asked and I couldn't help but laugh a little.