Chapter 20

I was sitting on the table at Deaton as he examined my eyes and the wound that was slowly healing.

Liam was sitting next to me holding my hand and Parrish was at the doorway looking at me concerned.

"Why do you keep looking at me like that?" I asked Parrish.

"Like what?" He asked.

"Like a worried sick parent?"

Before Parrish could answer Deaton threw away the gloves he was wearing.

"I think Alex, it took your body so much energy to heal, and in the process it killed the alpha in you." He said.

"Can't you get it back? Can't I get it back?" I asked ready to cry. He shook his head no .

I didn't know what to do, I knew I was about to receive sympathy but I didn't want them to feel sorry for me, so I ran out of through the back door into the woods.

I just ran and ran until I got to a cliff. It over looked the city but about a hundred feet from the cliff was another patch of land. I just sat on a rock for hours thinking about everything that has happened the past twenty four hours.

I went to Mexico, almost got killed by my boyfriend, almost got killed by the family that slaughtered my entire family, went face to face with my dead mother, and lost being an alpha.

I then hear leaves rustle from behind me. "Go away Liam. I just need to be alone." I said.

"Oh what are you going to do about it?" A different voice said. I turned around and saw it was Scott leaning against the tree.

"So are you going to tell me why you ran out of Deaton's office? Liam and Parrish are freaking out." He asked taking a seat next to me.

"I'm not an alpha anymore, and theirs nothing I can do about it." I said.

"I'm sorry, think of it as a little stress off your shoulders." Scott said putting his hand on my shoulder.

"You don't get it, I'm not upset because I lost power, I lost the last thing I have of my mom." I said and my voice cracked. I stood up and punched a tree nearly knocking it down.

I took a deep breath and leaned against the tree before sliding down it and sat down.

"The Calaveras family and mine had a past if you noticed." I chuckled.

"Let's just say we had a mishap at a family reunion in Mexico and the Calaveras killed half of my family." My voice became a little shaky.

"We moved and his for a year and we all thought we were safe, they either gave up or forgot about us." I scoffed.

"Boy were we wrong." I said and Scott came over to me and sat down.

"We were running, everyone was dead but my mother and I. But-but... the bullet hit her." I stuttered as I started to breakdown and felt Scott rub my back.
"She was dying and I could do anything but run or watch." I sighed and took a deep breath.

"My mothers dying wish was for me to end her life before the bullet did so I could have the power of an alpha to protect myself. As alpha my eyes were red, the red mask covering the blue eyed monster I am." I said in between sobs.

Scott pulled me into a hug and I started balling my eyes out. I soaked his shoulder with tears.
"I don't think my opinion matters but I like your eyes, it brings out your human eyes." He said making me laugh a little.

"And Alex," he said in a serious tone.
"You are not an monster." He said.
"I'm a werewolf." I helped finish his sentence. "Sorry about your shirt." I pointed to the wet spots on his left shoulder.

"I'll manage to get over it." He said making me giggle.

Scott sent out a text to everyone telling them to meet us at his house. Apparently their was a whole search party out looking for me.

We got on his motorcycle that was parked not that far from the cliff and he drove us to his house.

When we got to his house I was a little scared seeing Parrish. I don't know why but I was confused by it.

I walked in with Scott I front of me and when we walked in I saw everyone standing there staring at me.

"Alex!" Liam ran up to me and pulled me into a tight hug. "Don't you ever do that again." He said softly in my ear.
I looked over my shoulder and saw Scott talking to everyone in hush hush tone.
"So what did she say?" Stiles asked.
"Why is she so upset about her eyes?" Parrish asked.
"That's something you have to hear from her." Scott said looking over to me. I looked away quick enough to avoid their gaze thankfully.

I let go of Liam and walked shamefully over to Parrish. "I'm sorry I ran off." I said but he pulled me into a tight hug that took me by surprised.

"Please don't scare me like that ever again." He said quietly.

"Yes dad." I giggled and he even laughed a little.

When he finally let go I sat on the couch and Liam sat by my side,
"So I guess I have to explain the story behind my blue eyes."

"Not if you don't want to, we don't have to know." Liam said holding my hand.

"No, I want to. But it will reveal my past I wasn't quiet ready to share."I took a deep sighed quietly.

"It was the night I came to Beacon Hills...."

**********************************
So this is the last chapter:(
I will be writing an epilogue after this.
I hope you guys enjoyed this story and I would like to hear feedback about a sequel.
If I write one tho it wouldn't be published anytime soon.

I would post somthing if I do but won't start writing until later this fall.

Vote/comment/follow

🅰