L x reader

This one is dedicated to the memory of haliexlawliet! Hopefully you can read this from heaven!

(Y/n)'s POV

I had known L ever since we were little. He always seemed like he never wanted any friends untill I came to Wammy's. He seemed to change more and more the more time I spent with him. He was leaving to go work on the Kira case and I was running to the boarding place before he would leave. "Ryuzaki! Wait!" I screamed across the giant room. "(Y/n)?" He said looking behind him. I jumped on him and gave him a hug. "Please be careful on this case." I said with my face in his shirt. He wrapped his arms around me and held me close.

I pulled away. "Wait. I got you a good luck necklace. To keep you safe, because, well..... I love you L! And I don't want you get hurt!"

He looked down at me and smiled. "(Y/n), I love you too. I just couldn't tell you that before I left because this is a very dangerous case. I might not come back." He said. He hugged me. "Promise you'll come back?" I said on the verge of tears. "I promise (y/n), I'll come back for you. I'll keep this close to remember you by." He said tucking the heart shaped charm under his shirt next to his heart. "I promise I will bring Kira to justice and come back for you my little sweet." He said softly so only I could hear, kissing my lips softly.

"Last call for flight 327 heading to Japan." A voice said over the intercom. "I have to go. Check under your pillow when you get back to Wammy's." He said. "Bye L. I love you! Please be safe!" I said hugging him one last time. "I will. Now please I have to go or I'll miss my flight." He said pulling away.

He left for the plane and I left for home.

Timeskip

When I got home I went to my room and checked under my pillow to see a beautiful necklace. It had a (f/c) heart on a silver chain. Next to it was a note.

(Y/n),

I wanted to give you this before I left. It was my mother's before she died. I know how you don't want me to leave because you are afraid that I will never come back. This will protect you from evil because it is a special charm necklace that is two of a kind. The other half was never found. But legend has it that someone will find the other one day and find the other person who has this one. But that's just an old fairy tail. But I will come back for this necklace as I will come back for you.

I'll see you once the case is over.

Love, L Lawliet

(P.S. Don't let anyone see this abd find out my name.)

I cried. 'The necklace I gave him was similar to this one, only it was blue. Funny how that works.

Timeskip (two years later)

Lawliet had sent you a few emails every now and then, and he would only let you respond if Roger sent the email for me through a secure computer that only he had accses to. So needless to say we didn't message that often.

Then one day Roger called Mello, Near, and me to his office.

"I'm sorry to tell you three this, but.... L is no longer with us. Kira killed him." I broke into a million pieces on the inside. On the outside I just stood there, while mello just screamed at Roger. "What?! He can't be dead!" "I'm afraid that you and Near will have to work together to find Kria. He never chose who was to succeed him." Mello huffed as Near just started his puzzle over again. "Fine. But Near, you're not going to be the boss of me. We are equals now. No first or second place. We work together and give each others thoughts and ideas a shot." Near just looked at him and twirled a piece if hair between tie fingers. "That's fine with Mello."