Mello x reader

Hey, I can't remember who requested this I'm sorry. If you could all just resubmit all your requests so I can get organized that'd be great! I'm sorry for the inconvenience!

(Y/n)'s POV

I was sitting next Mello's hospital bed. He went and blew himself up, then called me and Matt to help him. 'He's just lucky we came to L.A to find him last month or he'd be dead.' I thought as I sighed and stroked the bandages on his cheek.

I leaned back in my chair, remembering the first time I met him.

Flasback

I was new at Wammy's House. I didn't know anyone and I liked it that way.... until the day Mello came and sat next to me at lunch. I'll never forget that day. I was sitting there studying. We had went over something in class that I didn't fully understand. I would do a problem then go and check the answer sheet our teacher gave us to check our work and it'd be wrong.

After doing the whole page of problems and getting them all wrong I put my head down on the table and cried softly. I thought I was alone at the table, but unknown to me two boys had come and sat down at my table. "Hey, you're the new kid right?" The blond asked. "I jumped. "S-sorry, i-I didn't know you were here. Y-yeah my n-names (y/n)." I said with my head down. "You know you can just copy down the answers from the answer sheet right?" The red head asked me as he played his game. I shook my head. "No. I'm not doing that. I need to learn how to do this." I said. "I'm in third place and I wanna get higher than that. I want to surpass that stupid albino!" I said angerly.

"I do too. But I'm in second place. I was in first before that stupid fluff ball showed up." He said angrily. "Oh, you must be Mello. I've heard of you but I haven't met you." I looked down at my homework and sighed. "You wouldn't want to help the person who's competing with you to beat Near. I'll just go abd see if he'd want to help me. He is kinda nice...." I said getting up about to walk over to his table. "(Y/n) wait! I can help you with your homework! Please don't go to him for help. We can beat him together." I looked over at him. "Only one person can be number 1." I said. "We can take turns."

I looked at him and smiled. "Ok fine. You win, I'll let you help me instead of Near." I said just loud enough for Near to hear me. He looked over with a bored look. Mello seemed to get the idea. "Oh but I'm only second in our class. Surely you'd rather want help from Near. He's number one after all!" He said with a little smirk. "Oh but I want you to help me..." "oh would you two just shut up and do your work?" Near shouted at us from across the room with tears in his eyes.

"What's the matter fluff ball? You sad that (y/n) would rather have help from me?" Mello said teasingly. I laughed. "Come on Mells, we all know that he's all smarts and no emotion! Why would he care?" I asked.

Near looked at me hurt. I had tried being nice to him before but he showed no emotion after I did. So I started to hate him for it. But now it seemed that he did think of me as a friend. "I thought you would be different (y/n)! But I was wrong! You're just like Mello!" He said running out of the room. "Mello I think we went a little too far...." He interrupted me. "Nonsense, he's had it coming. Besides, he'll go play with his little toys for an hour and be over it."

Third person POV

They started hanging out more abd more. Mello started developing feelings for (y/n), but never told her. Then he ran away from Wammy's House when the three of them found out that L had died.

(Y/n) and Matt waited till they were 18 abd then went looking for him. Until Matt got that phone call.

Present

I held onto Mello's hand and let out a sob. "Mello, why did you have to get involved with the mafia? You could have done anything, but you had to get involved with the baddest people in L.A? If me and Matt hadn't been in L.A you might've died." I said as a tear slipped down my face and onto his hand. I played my head down on the side of the bed and cried.

"(Y-y/n)?" I heard someone say softly. 'No, it can't be him. The doctors said he had a very low chance of ever waking up.' I thought as I kept ny head down. I felt a hand start stroking my hair and I looked up. "MELLO! YOUR AWAKE!" I said hugging him close. "(Y/n), can't, breath." He said. I loosened my hold on him. "I'm sorry. I just haven't seen you since you left abd when Matt got that call well.... I thought you were gonna die. The doctors said you might never....." I trailed off as tears started welling up in my eyes again. I was so happy that he was awake.

"(Y/n), I need to tell you something." He said in a serious voice. "I never wanted to leave Wammy's, but I just couldn't work with that brat! I was close to staying though. Would you like to know why?" He asked. I nodded, wanting to know what could have made him stay. "It was you. I loved you then and I love you still to thus day. But I know you liked Matt so I just left.... ow!" I had slapped him. "How could you have thought I liked Matt like that? He's like an old r brother to me. I loved you when we were little I just didn't know how to tell you." I said. "Then I kinda deserved that." He said rubbing his cheek.

"So, (y/n), Will you be my girlfriend?" He asked. "Of course!" I said hugging him.

About a week later he got discharged from the hospital and we helped Near catch Kira. We then we my and got married about a year later and settled down back in England. Out in the country where our future children can run free without a care in the world and never having be scared that they would one day come home to see they have no one to be there for them thanks to Kira. Since he's dead now Mello will never be, 'punished' for his, 'crimes'. We finally have peace.

Hey! I actually have to take a little break. My grades r slipping.g and I need to study ALOT more so I might not have the time. But I will update when I can! I'm updating all three of my books so no one feels left out!

Thanks for reading!