L x Reader

This one was requested by: NinaKaneki. Hope you enjoy!

L's POV

I can't concentrate on the case. The reason? Simple, just one word....

(Y/n).

She distracts me all the time. Not in a bad way but.... she's just so pretty and smart. She's nice to everyone, even Matsuda! And he's always making mistakes like spilling coffee on her or dropping papers everywhere. She's just all in all a good person.

"Ryuzaki, I made some cupcakes last night if you want to try some."

Oh did I mention she's an amazing baker. Her cakes are just perfect. She has this secret to make them moist and not so deathly dry that I need to drink a whole pot of coffee just to choke it down. (Stupid cheap bakery Watari goes to.) "Thank you (y/n), I would love one."

(Y/n)'s POV

Thats strange. He normally has a bunch of sweets around him when I get here, but all he has is some lollipops. "Ok, they're strawberry shortcake your favorite!" I said excitedly.

You see, I had made a bunch of these just for him. On the bottom of each one there was a word or two creating a message. Its kinda like a puzzle. Once he figures it out he is supposed to meat me on the roof.

I have something to tell him.

L's POV

After I eat a few of her really divine cupcakes I start noticing that there is stuff written on the bottom of the wrappers. 'Must be some sort of puzzle.' I pick them up and see that they are all mixed up. "Yup, definitely a puzzle." I say startling the task force.

Timeskip

I figured out the puzzle after about 15 minutes. It read:

Ryuzaki

Meet me on the roof. I have something I need to talk to you about.

Love, (y/n).

'Well that was unexpected.' I thought as I gathered up the wrappers and hid them from the task force.

(Y/n)'s POV

I was sitting on the roof reading (f/b) while I waited for L to come up. 'Come on! Hes the smartest person in the world! He should have figured it out by now!' You though impatiently.

About ten minutes later I heard the door to the roof open. 'Ok, its now or never (y/n)!' I thought to myself. As I turned around to face him.

"Hey Ryuzaki, I see you figured out my little puzzle."

"Yes, it was rather easy. So what was it you wanted to talk to me about?" He asked, cocking his head to the side.

"W-well... we've known each other for a while now.... and I've been thinking. W-would you maybe wanna b-be my b-b-boyfriend?" I asked looking down.

"(Y/n)? Are you serious? You w-want m-me to be your b-boyfriend?" He said stuttering. 'Ive never heard him stutter before. ' I thought as I nodded.

"Well.....this is rather unexpected....I not sure what to....." I cut him off. "You dont have to. I understand if u dont want to. Ill just head home for the day." I said as I started for the door. "(y/n), wait! I like you too! I just didn't know you felt this way towards me. That's what I meant by unexpected. I would love to be your boyfriend." he said with a blush on his face. "Y- you would?" I said surprised.

"Yes. I-I've liked you for a while...
And I just could never find the right time to tell you that I love you." he said looking down. "I love you too L." he looked up and said "Call me Lawliet." And then he leaned forward and lightly kissed me.

Omg I'm so sorry for taking so long! U have been so busy 28th school and work and stressed out about other stuff. I have also just not been feeling like writing. It used to be that I lives to write all the time. But lately ice just list my inspiration. I'm sure I'll get it back soon once life decides to calm down a bit. I hope you all understand

Thanks for reading