CHAPTER 2: SPIRITED AWAY

Draco's P.O.V:

The world has officially gone haywire.

What is happening?

"Come again?" I asked Blaise, not believing the words that came out of his mouth.

"Apparently granger is getting married to you." he said.

I stared at him like as if he had grown two heads.

He just dragged me along with him to a place I soon recognized to be my house.

"What are we doing here zabini?" I asked.

"Aunt narcissa has clearly lost her marbles! We have to go in there and demand an explanation!" He yelled.

"I know that." I said, not fully wrapping my head around the while situation.

I mean... come on! Its not everyday you hear that you will be getting married to a beastly wench of a beaver!

I barely gelt anything as Blaise pulled me along with him into the manor.

But the sight over there made me want to puke out my fire whiskey.

Granger, potter and both the weasel and weaslette were having tea with my mother.

The scene looked rather calm, considering the fact that we tried to kill them a few years ago.

"Ah... Draco! There you are! And you brought Blaise with you! How lovely..."

"What is going on here mother? Can you please explain why they are all here? And what is this I hear about me getting married to granger?" I asked, not able to control my continuum of words.

"Son... Sit down. There is a problem we all would like to discuss with you.

I just crossed my arms and stood there.

My mother sighed but continued anyway.

"Son... I know that this is rather sudden, but believe me, I would not have approved if there was no other choice."

Granger was looking at her teacup an gritted her teeth. Weaslette gave her a nudge. My mother continued.

"Son, you are being targeted. For murder." she said.

I was dumbstruck.

"What? But why??!" I asked, highly alarmed.

"That is the question we all want answered. Why don't you let Mr.potter here explain things to you?"

Potter awkwardly scratched his neck and looked at me.

"Go on potter, I want to know what the hell is actually going on." I said.

"Well, Malfoy. Remember the time when you were asked to kill professor Dumbledore?" He asked, slightly wincing.

I too winced at the memory. It was something which I still not used to. The fact that I tried to kill a great man, who tried to help me even when he knew he was going to be killed... It was something I still respect him for.

"Yes."

"Well, we have received information that someone is trying to kill you for your blood." Potter said.

"My blood? What good will that do for them?" I asked.

"The people who want it want to bring back a race of creatures which can be activated by a pureblood who has done both good and evil. Previously your father was their top choice, but now it is you."