CHAPTER 7: FARMER AND HER HUSBAND

Draco's P.O.V:

I woke up to the sound of digging.

Who on earth would dig at five in the morning? In my backyard of all places!

Wait a minute...
That sound was from my backyard...

I ran out to find none other than the infamous granger digging away.

"Digging your own grave granger? Tired of living like a muggle or are you finally understanding that I need some peace?" I asked.

She looked at me and smiled.
Genuinely.

I was a bit shocked at first but soon recovered.

"Don't be absurd Malfoy... I was only digging you a pit to bury yourself in if you ever feel like exploding. Although I really don't think this pit will be enough to fit your obnoxiousness along with you." She said, smirking.

That wench. To think that she had a mouth like that on her.

But I was really in no mood for conflict on this particular morning as many mornings before this have always resulted in either me or her saying things to each other which ultimately leads to salt in my tea or in her case, detergent in her shampoo.

That woman must know better than to leave her belongings unprotected.

I ignored her statement and observed the backyard. It was filled with potted plants in wheelbarrows.

"Have you been talking to longbottom anytime granger? I suggest you stop. His plant fetish is growing on you quite literally." I said.

"No, I have not talked to neville since I got married to you. But thank you for reminding me. I have to ask Ginny to send him a letter from my name. And in case you are wondering, I got rather bored of being alone in this huge house, so I took to gardening. I got these plants from a nursery this morning." She said to me.

"Did you loot the nursery completely granger?" I asked, wanting to piss her off a bit. But she did not budge at all.

"No. That old lady was so generous enough to let me take everything home without question. I paid her a generous amount for it too." She replied.

"And I suppose that muggle currency also grows on one of these plants? Because, my mother can only send some money to us from the company that I own, so as to not get caught by the lunatics who are looking for me. Seeing all this, you are quite determined to get me bankrupt by the end of the week granger. We spent most of the money on the house with all the repairs and settling in and such. Try to be a little more subtle." I said.

"Would you relax? Use your eyes. Not all of them are flowers. There are vegetables and fruit trees here also. I have a bit of potion left with me to make them grow. I can sell the produce for a very good price." She said.

"Tut tut tut granger. Reduced from a ministry official to a farmer. So pitiful." I said.

She looked at me with a different kind of light in her eyes.

"Well, unemployed husband of farmer sounds more demeaning, don't you think? Especially when the person was the head of a company before. Must be rough, eh Malfoy?" She smirked again.

I just huffed and stormed out if there.

"And don't even think about putting detergent in my shampoo Malfoy. I am not falling for that again." She said, again making my anger rise.

Damn her! Either she has been holding out on everybody or she was a Slytherin secretly, because she sure did not sound like a Gryffindor with that attitude.