CHAPTER 15: CONNECTIONS AND REDEMPTION

Whispers. That was all that could be heard in that giant, dark hall.

Whisperings of a thousand invisible people.

A single skeleton like finger pointed at the man who was whimpering on the floor in fright.

"You have disappointed me." The raspy voice said. "You have disappointed all of us. What do you have to say for yourself?" It asked.

"Forgive me your highness! We were ambushed. We had no idea they would attack so recklessly! We tried keeping the girl but they took her away! Forgive me your highness!" The man pleaded.

"And yet you let her escape." The voice said, dangerously calm. "You let her get away!" The voice yelled across the hall, igniting fear in the minds of the thousand whispering voices.

"Forgive me your highness. It was the ministry's doing. They attacked out of nowhere. Our perimeter patrols did not even catch a hint of them. All of the men in that base were killed. I was the only survivor. We had no chance against them. We were deeply outnumbered." The men whimpered.

"Outnumbered by five aurors?" The voice asked.

"Sire, these aurors were the ones who overthrew the dark lord. It was not easy fighting them sire." The man said.

After a minute of silent contemplation, the skeleton like man arose from his seat.

"My dear friends, what do we do with this man? He has let down the whole organisation. He has allowed the escape of Diane Granger. The key to getting Draco Malfoy here along with that Mudblood heroine, Hermione Granger. Tell me. What do we do?" The skeleton like man rasped loudly to the whispering crowd.

The whispering stopped for a while before resuming into one gruesome word.

"Kill. Kill. Kill. Kill" They all whispered. It was so much in synchrony that it sounded like snakes hissing together.

The small man whimpered more as the skeleton like man floated down the stairs into the middle space.

The high windows of the hall only allowed a few slanting rays of light to enter into the otherwise dark hall.

The whispers only got louder as the skeleton man floated closer to the scared man. .

"Forgive me sire. Give me one more chance. I can prove myself worthy of your mission and my life." The man pleaded to the skeleton man once he was in close range of hearing.

The skeleton man raised his hand to silence the others.

"You want me to give you another chance?" The skeleton man asked.

"Please sire. I beg you." The scared man begged.

"You should have thought of that before you let them get away. You should have thought of that before you let your men get killed by five boys. You should have thought about it." The skeleton man said deviously as he picked up a small amber colored crystal from a stone bowl kept nearby on a small pillar like table.

"No. No sire. Please I beg you." The scared man pleaded.

"What is the motto of our organisation?" The skeleton man asked.

"The weak and frail die." The small man said, shivering.

"And our organisation's words?" Skeleton man asked.

"We of power, of blood and of victory. Unleashed by the blood of pureblood history." The man said.

The skeleton man smiled in satisfaction. He held out the crystal to the man.