CHAPTER 11: MEET AND GREET

He was late.

Of all the times, he had to be late now.

Of course he wouldn't have been late if it were not for his girlfriend keeping him busy running errands to the store.

It was pies for dessert today.

He straightened out his tie a little before entering the rather large conference room at the ministry's main office building.

He saw twelve amused faces before him.

Kingsley shacklebolt looked at the man who had saved the wizarding world, seeing as this is the first time he was late.

"Ah! Here you are Mr.Potter. Please take your seat. You are quite late. But thankfully, I have just started on the briefing." The minister said.

"Thank you sir. Sorry for the delay." Harry said and took his seat next to Dean Thomas.

He looked around to see that most of the aurors sitting there were quite talented and were among the elite group of aurors, including himself.

He gave everyone a glance.

Dean Thomas was an auror specializing in breaking spells and memory locks.

Seamus finnegan was their pyrotechnic specialist. He could make anything blow up.

Neville longbottom was a special case. He loved to teach herbology in his spare time in Hogwarts. Other than those times he was a full time auror. He specialized in curses and legillimency.

Ernie macmillan specialized in memory charms and obliviation. He could make anyone forget and remember details of their life instantly. He was not the same old scared Hufflepuff anymore.

Clyde Ferrier, another auror from durmstrang, specialized in dueling and potion making. He had his own line of apothecaries. But mostly he was here in the ministry, doing what he could to help.

Taylor weiss, a healer of immense potential and an amazing auror was indispensable to their team. He was also an expert in apparition and could transport himself and other people with him without getting splinched.

Walter plyth was another good duelist and an animagus. He was a dual animagi, both a water beast and a land beast.

Jack Mcfray was a apparition specialist. He also was a spell breaker and the resident interrogator and had also a knack for curses.

Pleione wilson was the only female auror in the room. She was a special case, trained in legillimency, memory charms and was an elite in dueling.

Rolf Scamander was another duelist and the husband of Luna Scamander, formerly known as Luna Lovegood. He was also their second interrogator. He worked alongside Jack most of the time. Otherwise, he held most of the interrogations by himself, wherever the offender was held or caught.

Then there was Ron Weasley, his best friend. Surprisingly he was good at dueling and other spell attacks. The main reason for that would be their other best friend Hermione Granger.

Speaking of their bright friend, he remembered that this meeting was for something rather important related to her.

Kingsley started.

"According to Ginevra Weasley, the Malfoys are pretty safe for the time being."

Harry and Ron cringed when they heard the term 'The Malfoys'. Hermione would definitely not like the sound of that.