Chapter TWO

Edited - 8/25/18

Luke

"I don't know why I did it, Cher. Please, don't leave me! I-I need you."

"Why do you even need me? You obviously don't give a damn, you were happy enough without me. Why would you want me to stay, huh?" She was sobbing now, chucking clothes into the brown leather bag as I tried to get her to stop and actually look at me.

I grabbed her wrists, struggling to get her to calm down. "I'm not letting go of you. You can't leave like this!" I stared right in her eyes before pulling her closer to me. "Not again."

"And cut!"

A loud buzzer goes off and the studio lights flicker on. Cara wiped away her fake tears, giving me a smile. "It took them almost an hour for the make-up and only one take for it all to be ruined," She said. I laughed, helping her clean up a bit of the mascara that smudged and dried around her eyes.

"Okay everyone," Our director, Ben, called out as he stood from his chair. "That's our last scene for today. Thank you guys, y'all did great!" There was a round of applause.

"I'll see you soon, Cara!" I waved goodbye, going in for a hug which she returned enthusiastically. We parted ways, heading to our own dressing rooms. I didn't forget to thank the staff as I went, shaking their hands as well.

Courtney appeared beside me all of a sudden. "Luke! Nice work, as usual. I know this is sudden, but Dave wants you in his office. He says it's urgent." The petite girl explained. I slowed down my pace so that she wouldn't have to hurry just to keep up with my, as Courtney says, ridiculously long legs.

"Why does he want to meet with me?" I asked. Courtney shrugged. "I don't know. He didn't tell me anything."

My brows furrowed. "Well, that's odd."

I got into my dressing room as Courtney opted to wait outside. I changed out of the outfit given by the stylist: denim pants and a plain white button-down. I slipped on my own clothes, which were black skinny jeans and a loose-fitting turtleneck sweater. I ran a hand through my hair, making sure I looked presentable before heading out to say goodbye to all my co-stars on set and Ben.

Courtney and I exited the building which I've been coming to for the past few weeks for the shooting. We got into a black van, inside I greeted our driver and listened as Courtney explained, "Since we don't know how long your meeting will take, I think we should reschedule your editorial shoot. It'll be better if we're sure that you can be there on time tomorrow." Courtney pulled out her phone and began typing, contacting the director of the shoot most likely.

"Thanks, Courtney. Where would I be without you?" I grinned teasingly. Courtney rolled her eyes, not even bothering to look up.

She didn't speak until she was finished typing. "Oh! I have some news. Someone contacted me, I don't know how they even got my number. Basically, they asked if you were willing to do a nude photoshoot. It would be their concept for the next issue of their magazine. I thought it was a prank call, but I did some research. Turns out the guy and his company is legit."

I blinked. "You declined, right?"

"They were persistent. I was being nice, telling them I'd bring it up with you while also reminding them that you have a agent who handles these kind of deals. The guy said he needed me to get you to call them back since that's all I'm good for, apparently." Courtney used finger-quotes.

"What?" It shocked me how some people could be so rude, and the fact that they think they could say that to Courtney. "What'd you tell him?"

"I told him to shove his offer up his ass."