Chapter TWENTY-TWO

Edited - 7/31/19

They were always together now.

Granted they didn't go to the same school, both boys wanted to spend every free time they had with one another.

Luke was sat on his bed on a clear Saturday afternoon, his textbook and notebook in front of him. He was so focused on his work that he didn't even notice the boy with light brown skin had hopped onto his balcony and into his room.

Calum stared at the blonde whose expression looked like the book in front of him had just insulted him. "Luke?" Calum called out.

Luke nearly leapt out of his bed due to the surprise. "Jesus, Calum, don't you knock?"

"The doors were open," Calum stated matter-of-factly, gesturing to the open balcony doors which let in the fresh air. Luke flicked his eyes from the doors to the raven-haired boy before rolling his eyes.

"What'cha doing?" Calum ignored the obviously frustrated mood Luke was in and proceeded to sit down on the bed as well.

Despite himself, Luke gave Calum space and sighed. "We have a test in Math. I'm trying to study."

Calum peered at the open notebook filled with Luke's handwriting. "I didn't know you wrote like this," Calum mumbled, picking up the aforementioned object and flipping through the pages. "Like what?" Luke asked, snatching the notebook away from Calum before standing up and heading to his desk.

"Like," The 11-year old tried to come up with a word to describe the handwriting. "I don't know, you just write a lot nicer than I do. You're a lot neater too," Calum pointed out, staring at Luke's open backpack which revealed the order all his school things were in.

Luke shrugged in response, obviously not used to getting complimented by his hand-writing and organizational skills. Calum proceeded to lay down on Luke's bed. "You're probably thinking why I'm here."

"When are you not here?"

"Well," Calum continued, ignoring Luke's previous statement. "I wanted to play video games, but I have nobody to play with. So, can we?" Calum asked hopefully

"Don't you have homework?" Luke asked, but Calum could see the beginnings of a smile.

"Finished them," Calum beamed.

"Soccer practice?"

"Not until tomorrow."

"Can't you play with Mali-Koa?"

"She doesn't play video games," Calum frowned, crossing his arms. "Why, don't you want to play with me?"

"I do," That time, Luke did smile.

"Then what was all that about?"

Luke just laughed at his best friend's expense, already walking towards the TV in his room. He opened the TV screen and set up the video game before grabbing the consoles, handing Calum one once he was sat beside him.

"You're just really cute when you get flustered," Luke grinned.

He earned a smile and a light punch on the arm from the other boy.