Chapter THIRTY-ONE

Edited - 8/3/19

Calum

We were at the dressing room after our concert in Brisbane when I told my bandmates about me and Luke. I already anticipated their happy reactions, but of course their extra selves managed to surpass whatever it was I thought of.

"Our Calum's growing up." Ashton was fake crying on Michael's shoulder, both of them pretending to wipe tears from their eyes. "He's going to go and get married and have kids and—"

"Okay," I cut Michael off. "Could you at least let me enjoy what I have now?" They both gave me a look. I stuck my tongue out, tempted to throw my bottle of water at them.

"Does Patricia know?" Michael asked, changing into a shirt that wasn't soaked with sweat.

"I called her last night. She took it really well. She congratulated me before reminding me of what Luke and I still needed to do in relation to the contract."

"Except you're both going to be sweet in public because you want to," Ashton pointed out, wiggling his eyebrows as he ran a hand through his unruly hair. They both laughed because I couldn't deny what Ashton was saying.

We didn't bring our phones on stage, mostly to keep them safe because we kept jumping around. Our tour manager, Andrew, always got took them for safekeeping. He told us he'd grab us dinner before handing us our phones.

I checked mine. The was a message from Luke.

From: Luke Hemmings

I think I mentioned that the filming site for the new movie is in hawaii. My flight's tonight, at 12

Hope you enjoyed your concert, call when you can. :-)

"Is that the boyfriend?"

"Michael, I will shove this bottle down your throat."

Ashton was laid out on the couch, not even looking at me as he was paying attention to his own phone. "It's definitely Luke. How is the boyfriend anyway?"

"Can you guys not refer to him as that," I said. Luke was techincally my boyfriend now, it just bugged me that Ashton and Michael brought it up to tease me. "He's probably headed to the airport right now. He's going to Hawaii for his new movie."

"I can't believe you managed to make a man whose succesful both as a model and an actor your boyfriend." Michael shook his head in fake disbelief. "We should celebrate your accomplishment."

"That," Ashton sat up, already grinning at the idea. "Is something I will not say no to. We should celebrate."

"It's nice to know you guys think so highly of me." I couldn't help but my roll my eyes.

"It doesn't have to be a big celebration! Let's just ask Jensen to drop us off at some nearby convenience store, buy some beers and junk food, then we could have a mini-celebration in our hotel room," Michael elaborated his plan, both of them turning to me expectantly.

"Fine, whatever." It didn't sound too bad, actually. "Tell Andrew when he returns that I'll be back, I need to make a call."

"Calling the boyfriend?" They both said in sync. I shut the door of the dressing room before I could hear them laughing.

---