Chapter THIRTY-TWO

Edited - 8/3/19

Luke

It's been almost two weeks since I've arrived here in Hawaii and work has been pretty much taking over my life. Dave had flown in days ago to make sure everything was going according to plan, but because something came up with another one of the actors signed to his company he had to leave yesterday. He did make sure that Courtney and I would be able to hold everything down while he was gone for the mean time.

"The shoot won't take too long today," I started explaining to Courtney the moment we got in the service car taking us to the set. "We're scheduled to film at the beach during daytime."

"Noted." Courtney nodded, phone in hand. "Genevieve called me an hour ago to remind you about the meeting with—"

I had my phone out as well, beating Courtney to the punch. "With Eddison, yeah. The designer interested in shooting a summer spread for his magazine." I clicked on the text conversation we had yesterday. "Eddison and I have talked already. I told him we could meet up after I've shot all my scenes for today. Genevieve will be on video call with us later."

"You're scheduled to take official photos to be used for movie promotions later though?"

"We'll meet before that. The team's going for Hawaii at night with all these lights for the concept if the photos," I snapped my fingers. "Which reminds me, one of the producers for the movie is having a birthday party at her beach house tonight. She invited the whole set, told me personally that she'd love for me to be there. I'll need a change of clothes after the photoshoot."

"Okay," Courtney's fingers tapped away on he phone nodding. "You entire day's settled, then. How about breakfast, did you eat?"

I pulled out a granola bar from my pocket, tearing the packet and munching on it.

Courtney sighed. "That's not breakfast, Luke."

"Had no time. I snoozed for half an hour after my alarm had gone off. I barely got done dressing up before the car was outside."

"Want us to get take-out?"

"We're already running late," I mumbled with a mouthful of granola, checking the time. "It's fine. We'll just get a big lunch later."

It was at that moment Courtney's phone started ringing. She gave me a look before answering. I tuned out the conversation because a message appeared on my screen.

From: cal

Morniiiiiiin. It is morning right? I checked and seattle is only 3 hours ahead of hawaii. Time zones are a pain

How are u? You didnt reply last night so I assumed u fell asleep

I hadn't messaged him last night because I did, in fact, fall asleep as soon as I had gotten back from the set. I began typing a reply to Calum when my phone started ringing with a call from Eddison.

I accepted the call immediately.

---

Calum

Every show was slightly different from the other, but there were always things that didn't change no matter where we went. Like how excited the three of us got before going up on stage, how proud and honored I felt whenever I see our fans and their passion, and how my band always made sure we gave our one hundred percent in every performance.

"You guys look beautiful," I said into the microphone, grinning when the crowd cheered. "Here's what I want you all to do for these last two songs. I want you all to sing at the top of your lungs and go absolutely crazy. Think we can do it?" I was met with screams of yes!