Chapter FOURTEEN

Edited - 7/29/19

Calum

For once Ashton and I were hanging out at his place and not mine. This was mostly due to the fact that Ashton was getting his things ready. He'll be driving to his family's house tonight. "Isn't your flight home tomorrow? Why aren't you packing?" Ashton asked, placing a folded pile of clothes into his suitcase.

"I'll pack later." I waved my hand in dismissal. Michael had left earlier today to visit his family too. Ashton shook his head like how a disappointed dad would. "If you do that you'll forget all the necessary items."

"No I won't," I shook my head. "It's just like whenever we go on tour, I pack literally the day before we leave and I still manage to take everything important."

Ashton scoffed, now moving on to stuffing a bunch of random pouches into his suitcase. "Right. Everything except your toothbrush, laptop charger, socks and passport. But those aren't important." 

"Hey, the passport thing was one time!" I defended myself but Ashton merely rolled his eyes. "Whatever you say man," He said. "Speaking of, I can't believe our tour's starting soon. Time moves faster these days, I swear."

Today Patricia emailed us the complete details about our tour and the first stops we'd be making. Only a few of the stops have been announced to our fans. It was currently March, our tour would start in May. For now, we were free to do anything we wanted, but on the last week of April we have to start rehearsals.

I felt myself grinning. "I missed touring. I actually can't wait until we're on the road again."

"Did Patricia tell you anything about what's going to happen between you and Mr. Dreamy once we leave?"

I blinked rapidly at him a few times. "Mr. Dreamy?"

"He kind of is dreamy," Ashton replied easily, a smirk taking over his face. "You obviously think so."

I threw a pair of his balled-up socks, Ashton managing to catch it before it hit him in the face. "I don't know what will happen," I replied. He threw the socks at me and I dodged them.

"You sure you can manage being away from him for a long period of time?"

"I'll be on a tour with my band, of course I can! A few months is nothing compared to three years," I caught myself before I could add more to that. Shaking my head, I leaned back on Ashton's desk chair. "He and I aren't really together, Ash. I think you seem to forget that a lot."

"I still can't believe you never told Michael and I about Luke when we were just starting our band." Ashton had proceeded to sit down on top of his suitcase, trying to zip it closed. "I mean, you texted him twenty-four seven, and you Skyped him almost every night. I don't know how I missed it to be honest."

"I did tell you guys that Luke was my best friend," I reminded him. "Well, he was more than that, obviously. I was just scared you and Mikey wouldn't be comfortable about having me in the band if you knew I was head over heels for another man."

"Was?"

I grabbed the pillow he threw at me earlier when I joked about cutting his hair and chucked it at him. Ashton laughed, tossing the pillow back onto his bed where he was still sitting on top of his suitcase. "Michael was right, you know. Your story is like some fairytale shit."