Chapter FORTY [end]

Luke

Over the course of my career, I have learned to tolerate schedules which started early in the morning. No matter how little sleep I got, I always try and see the positive side. A new morning meant I was given another day to do my job, where I found happiness with the people I got to meet and work with and the places I got to go to.

However, take it from me, it's harder to tolerate mornings when the temperature is cold and you're on a balcony with your top which is nothing but a completely sheer turtleneck. It's even worse when your face is caked with make-up.

I had my hands buried in my armpits, trying to stop my teeth from chattering as another breeze swept across my face. "You need my jacket?" Calum offered, his hands running up and down my biceps.

I shook my head at my boyfriend. "No, we're about to start anyway. You look great," I said, because it was true. The stylists put him in a matching blazer and studded pants, wearing a white vest inside and nothing else underneath. Calum had shaved his head and dyed his hair blonde just a couple of days ago before we came back here to Milan, and it looked great in contrast with his brown skin.

Calum grinned at me, his hands still trying to produce some heat onto my arms. "I would say you look hot, but it seems you're anything but." I pouted at him, feeling the gloss on my lips.

"Sorry, sorry!" Dennis came out to the large balcony with his assistant following closely, both of them armed with professional cameras. "Had a few problems with the lights, we're good now. Luke, you doing alright?"

"Yeah, no problem," I lied, placing my hands into my pockets instead. Calum snickered from beside me and I resisted the urge to pinch him. We were working, damnit.

Dennis was the director and photographer for our photoshoot today, it was for Interpret Magazine's October issue. Actually, when managers our managers were first told about the offer, Calum and I didn't really see the need to do a photoshoot together. We figured we've already had enough spotlight on our relationship, especially after that whole incident with Kayla. We even suggested just laying low for the meantime. However, the people from Interpret managed to change our minds after sharing that their October issue would be about empowering the LGBTQ+ community.

We were flown to Milan and we're shooting in this mansion which had three floors complete with rustic interior and decorations, an outdoor swimming pool, as well as a backyard which went on and on. Our first spot for the photoshoot was the balcony, which had a nice view of the mountains and the lake. 

Dennis pointed to where he wanted Calum and I to stand. "Alright, so Calum I'll need you to sit on the balcony. Yes, very good," He said as Calum did as he was told. "And Luke I need you to stand in between his legs and lean on his chest for me." I followed Dennis, eyeing Calum then looking back at the crew in front of us. "Calum might fall," I jokingly said. I felt Calum snort behind me, his hands gripping my shoulders. "If I fall, you fall with me."

"Why don't you wrap your arms around Luke? Okay, there we go." Once Dennis was satisfied, he raised his camera. Though I physically tried not to find more heat while in Calum's embrace, my mind switch to work mode when Dennis said, "Bright faces now, 1.. 2.. and.." The flash went off.

We continued on like that, trying different poses for them to choose from. Calum and I switched our positions, after that Dennis had me stand beside Calum, then he made us look at the other person while they took close-ups. It was hard to keep a straight face while staring at Calum for so long, especially once he started making faces which weren't really front cover material. The two of us ended up laughing several times at each other, which made the people in front of us laugh too.