Chapter ELEVEN

Edited - 7/28/19

Luke

It's been three days since Calum and I went to Starbucks and had that very emotional conversation in my car. We were supposed to go somewhere else that day, but I just wasn't up for it and neither was he. I just dropped him off at his condo and then drove home.

I've been going to my shoots for the current movie I've been asked to work on. They began even before Calum and I started this whole fake-dating thing and now there's only a few days left for shooting. Because I'll have more free time, my agent has been trying to book me more jobs, be it acting or modeling.

The difference between agent and managers were kind of hard to distinguish for me at first, but basically my agent, Genevieve Carlson's, job is to find work and negotiate the terms of my contracts. Every schedule and appontment is then reminded to me by Courtney, my assistant. She's the one who usually comes on set or during photoshoots.

Genevieve and I don't really hang out or spend time together, unless she's telling me all about a new job. It's all professional. She has many other clients as well. We met with her this morning about a photoshoot she managed to get me part of. I accepted, signed the contract, and Courtney scheduled it in.

It was nearing the afternoon now, and I was on an elevator in Showbiz Management HQ currently on my way to Dave's office. I knew Calum, Michael and Ashton would already be there, and so will Patricia.

I had no idea what was going to happen, and frankly I wasn't too excited.

I opened the door to Dave's office and all eyes landed on me.

"Hey," I said, eyeing all of them. "Have you guys been waiting long?"

"No," Dave gave me a warm smile. "You're just in time." He gestured to the chair in front of his desk, Calum sat on the other one. Ashton and Michael were sat on the small couch, and Patricia was beside Dave.

I slowly sat down, unable to keep myself from looking at Calum. He was looking down, looking more nervous than me. Did he know what this meeting was about?

I averted my gaze towards the two managers. "What's this meeting for?"

"Well," It was Patricia who spoke up. "As you know, you two being together has been successful so far. Nobody is writing about Calum's tweet, unless they mention it with rumors of him dating you. And because you two are always mentioned in the news or in magazines, the sale of 5SOS' new album have skyrocketed and is currently topping charts, plus everybody is buzzing about your movie premiering."

I waited for her to continue, and she did so after taking a deep breath. "However, there is a certain matter we need to discuss."

"Which is?" I asked.

Patricia eyed Calum then looked back at me. "It's how Calum will come out and how you two will admit that you are dating one another."

"Okay, this is where we step in," I heard Ashton say. I shifted in my seat to take a look at them.

"Guys," Calum interjected from where he was seated beside me. "It's fine, you don't need to do this."

"No," Michael shook his head. "Calum is already going on dates with Luke. If you're going to force him to come out, then we're drawing the line."