Chapter 5

Percy's P.O.V.

We part paths with the 'Golden Trio,' they head towards carriages pulled by thestrals. While we start heading towards the boats. Thalia and Nico seem nervous about the fact that they were going to enter my father's domain.

"First years and exchange students follow me," Hagrid calls. (Yes, Hermione had told us about him.)

I narrow my eyes, "You're half-giant."

Apparently, he knew our secret since he smiles, "Don't worry, I have never harmed anyone."

I sit with Nico and Thalia to ensure that nothing bad happens to them. Annabeth, also with us, rambles on and on about the castle and it's architecture.

When we enter a woman I assume is Professor/Headmistress McGonagall ushers us to the doors that lead to the Great Hall, and tells us to stay put until she tells them to come in.

I ignore the speech until I hear her say, "-This year we will have exchange students from America. Please treat then with respect as you would a friend. They are powerful, do not anger them, they will beat any of you in magical or physical fights." Hecate had given us the knowledge of all spells when she gave us the ability to use them.

We take that as our cue, and enter the Great Hall. She begins by calling Calypso to a stool with an old hat perched on it. Professor McGonagall puts the Sorting Hat on Calypso's head, and after a moment it yells Gryffindor.

Okay... Weird, but not the weirdest thing I had ever seen.

"Chase, Annabeth."

Harry's P.O.V.

How could a Death Eater get into Gryffindor? Oh well, Calypso doesn't look that bad. I bet the rest will get into Slytherin, especially the boy dressed in black, and the punk girl.

Whatever.

Anyway, Annabeth is walking up to the stool. 

"Gryffindor,"  The hat yells when Annabeth is three feet away! The crowd is silent, no has ever been sorted that fast before.

"That is impossible, no one has been sorted that fast before." Hermione whispers.

Annabeth must have heard her, because she mutters: "Just wait 'till it gets to Percy."

Wait, why?

"DiAngelo, Nico." McGonagall continues, oblivious to the stunned crowd.

Ten feet away.

Nine.

Eight.

Seven.

Six feet.

Five feet.

Four feet.

Three feet away.

"Gryffindor! How are you still alive and sane?" The Sorting Hat screams.

"I am not so sure on the last part." Nico whispers softly to Annabeth.

What!?!?

"Grace, Jason."

He sits, and a few seconds later the hat says: "Gryffindor."