Destination I: San Diego

Author's note: This isn't written in the same format as the other chapters, like an Instagram post. Instead, it's written in book format (so like a regular fan fiction). After I write one for each different set of people on vacation, I'll go back to the regular Instagram format.

Also shoutout to my mom for recommending San Diego for Regina, Robin, and Roland's destination and shoutout to travelmath.com for giving me the flight time without thinking that I wanted to buy plane tickets.

~

Regina had just finished packing when the doorbell rang. She opened the door to reveal Robin and Roland with their suitcases, as she had suspected.

"Are you packed, Milady?" Robin asked, his normal smirk showing on his face.

"Yes, I am. So you don't have to pack for me. On the downside, I have no food ready."

"That's fine. We can eat at Granny's, because we don't want leftovers rotting while we're gone."

Regina nodded. "Good point. You and Roland can put your stuff in the living room with mine, and then we can go."

Regina stepped out of the way, and Robin and Roland entered the house, Robin carrying both suitcases. Regina put her coat on and the three headed to Granny's.

~

The bell over the door to Granny's dinged, signaling Regina, Robin, and Roland's entrance. Killian and Emma were sitting in the booth furthest from the door talking about something Regina didn't care to ask about. Emma moved a few papers out of the way when Ruby approached with their food.

As Regina, Robin, and Roland were sitting down, Doctor Whale entered Granny's, the bell alerting everyone of his presence. Mary Margaret had mentioned once that she thought Ruby might be dating Doctor Whale, and she was right because he greeted Ruby with a kiss.

After Regina, Robin, and Roland had finished eating, Regina drove them back to her house. Roland fell asleep on the ride back, which would probably result in him being very awake on the plan ride the next day.

Regina carried Roland inside so as to not wake him up. She placed him in Henry's bed before joining Robin in the living room.

"What inspired these people to make something like an airplane?" Robin asked.

Regina shrugged. "I don't know. Their constant need for new inventions that are occasionally possibly deadly. And the fact that they don't have magic."

"So what, exactly, is the plan for tomorrow?"

"We need to be across the town line by 7:30 tomorrow morning, which was a really bad decision now that I think about it. We'll drive to Boston, park my car in the parking garage, then be at the airport by 12:30. We should arrive in San Diego around 6:30, then check into our hotel by 7:00."

"You seem to have everything planned out," Robin commented.

"Yeah, but we'll have to get up at, like, 6:30 tomorrow."

Robin didn't seem to think it was a problem. "Roland and I get up early often."

"You live in the forest," Regina shot back.