Destination XI: The Charmings' Apartment

After Robin kissed Regina goodbye and she was driving away to what she thought was a meeting for the Totally Awesome Queens' Club, the former thief called Emma.

"Hey," she picked up on the second ring. "Is she on her way?"

"Yup."

"I'll be over in a second." Emma hung up and before Robin even had his phone back in his pocket, Emma appeared across from him in a cloud of white smoke. She smiled, "I'm getting better at that. You ready?"

Robin nodded. Emma had taken Roland, Henry, and the baby over earlier, but Regina was told they were at Emma's place. Emma grabbed Robin's hand so she could transport him as well. One second they were in Regina's house, and the next, they were outside the door of the Charmings' place. Emma knocked on the door three times before opening it to signal that she was not Regina.

Robin shut the door behind him and Emma. All of the guests that had been invited to Regina's birthday party where there, including the group from Wonderland who had arrived that morning. A cake was set out on the counter and Belle's now-famous buckeyes were stacked in a dangerously tall pyramid on top of the cake and Elsa and Ingrid had used their magic to keep ice cream that surrounded the cake frozen.

Anna rushed over to Robin and Emma and grabbed their wrists, dragging them to their spots. "Emma, you're here, next to Elsa, Liam, and Hook. And Robin, you're witch Roland and Henry out in front."

It wasn't long before the door creaked open and Regina flicked the lights on.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!"

Regina looked around at all of the people filling the Charmings' apartment before her eyes settled on Robin, Roland, and Henry. 

"Wow, you guys must really enjoy throwing surprise parties for me."

"Wait, you've done this before?" Hook asked. "Why wasn't I invited?"

"Because you were the Dark One and Dark Ones don't get invited to surprise parties," David answered.

"Um....." Emma and Gold chorused.

"You two don't count."

"So who wants some chocolate cake?" Mary Margaret asked, interrupting the argument that was sure to break out between David and Killian.

~

Regina, Mary Margaret, Belle, Merida, Aurora, Ashely, Anastasia, and Guinevere were sitting in a circle in the middle of a very intense game of Spoons when Emma sat down. "Can I play? Or is it members only?"

No one answered her question until Ana got four sevens and grabbed a spoon, everyone else following.

"If Emma joins us, we can play Kemps," Mary Margaret said.

"No, but Robin is my partner for Kemps!" Regina argued. "We have the best sign."

"Fine, everyone including Emma, find a partner for Kemps. And it does not necessarily have to be your significant other."

Regina convinced Robin to be her partner while Emma did the same to Neal (Hook only having one hand was a disadvantage, and playing cards was even more of a war than football). Merida teamed up with Belle and Ashely with Guinevere. Mary Margaret couldn't convince David to get involved in the card game, so she ended up being partners with Henry. Aurora had to practically drag Mulan into the game, but Mulan was good at any card game she played, so Aurora wasn't going to let anyone else be her partner. Anastasia decided she wanted Alice to be her partner because Alice wouldn't back down like Will would.

Once everyone had their partner and Mary Margaret grabbed another deck of cards, the game began. Not even thirty seconds into the game, Regina called out, "Kemps!" Everyone stopped and looked at Robin, who laid down his cards to reveal that he had four queens.

In the end, they had to stop playing because Emma practically crawled across the entire circle and waved her cards in Neal's face before he called Kemps, but everyone was too focused on the fact that Henry had incorrectly called Stop Kemps to realize what was going on. It was late by that point and no one could stop laughing, so they decided to end the game for the night. Although Regina was pretty sure they'd end up playing again at Emma's Super Bowl party, even if Emma was too involved in the game to join in.

After the card games ended, most of the guests began to trickle out until only Regina, Robin, Henry, Roland, Unnamed Child, Belle, Rumple, Emma, Killian, Liam, and Neal were left. Henry and Roland were spending the night at Emma's, so they left with Emma, Killian, and Liam to head back to Emma's house. Belle and Rumple left shortly after Emma's group as Regina and Belle had finished their conversation about how Eve's hair was so much longer when she was turned into a statue than it was when she and Flynn had first arrived in the past (Robin just silently shook his head at the Librarians fangirls).

After Regina and Robin left with Fruitsnackia, Mary Margaret turned to David. "Well I think the party was a success."

"Yeah except for all of the yelling coming from the group playing Kemps..."

Mary Margaret shrugged, "Card games are war." Neal began to fuss, so she picked him up and rocked him a bit until he got quiet again. Mary Margaret looked to David. "I'm going to give him a bath. Why don't you start putting the rest of the cake into the Ziploc containers? I'm going to force Regina to take some tomorrow."

~

After Fruitsnackia was sleeping soundly, Regina turned on the TV and put on an episode of Doctor Who, silently thanking Robin for getting her season 9a for Christmas and season 8 for her birthday. At least she didn't have to go completely without Doctor Who now that Netflix had gotten rid of it.

Robin sat down next to and kissed her cheek. "Happy birthday."

Regina turned to look at him and smiled, "Thanks." Robin considered that an achievement because usually whenever Doctor Who was on, Regina wouldn't take her eyes off of the TV screen.

"So did you guys plan this party in a Direct Message?"

"What?" Robin wasn't sure what Regina meant.

"Last time you planned a party, you did it in the caption of one of Ruby's posts and she blocked me so I wouldn't find out. I guess you guys have gotten smarter since then."

Robin chuckled. "I guess we have. Either way, I hope you enjoyed both parties."

"I love playing intense card games."

"Of course you do."

Regina punched his arm lightly. "Like you didn't have fun too."

"Only because I was with you."

"We're doing charm now too? Which one of us is going to die?"

Robin smirked at Regina's Clara quote. "Your ability to quote a fictional character in any situation amazes me."

"Why thank you, Sweetie."

"Alright, Professor Song, I think it's time to go to bed."

"I have to finish this episode," Regina protested.

Robin knew it would be impossible to get Regina to move without some very powerful magic, so he gave in. "Fine. But this is the only episode. Just because you're the birthday girl doesn't mean you can stay up all night."

Regina almost argued that it should mean that she could stay up all night, but there was no way she would win that fight. Instead, she rested her head on Robin's shoulder and continued watching the episode of Doctor Who she had chosen. She decided this was the best birthday she had had in a long while, which wasn't saying much, but it was far better than anything she could have hoped for back when she had spent all of her birthdays alone or only with the company of a mother who ignored the fact that it was her birthday and a father who could only provide Regina with a small present each year so Cora didn't notice.

But even without the party, it would have been wonderful. After all, what more could Regina want than being able to call Robin, Roland, and Henry her family?