Destination IV: Palm Beach?

When Belle and Henry had planned to ask James Patterson for the rights to make a Maximum Ride movie, they had not planned on all of the security or getting banned from Palm Beach for three years. Honestly, they had just rung the doorbell and next thing you know, they're in the police station being asked questions, some of which they can't answer.

"State your first and last name."

"Belle French."

"Henry Mills."

"State your hometown."

Cue a wary glance between Belle and Henry. Henry answered first, "Storybrooke, Maine. But I was born in Phoenix, Arizona."

"Uh-Storybrooke," Belle managed, though she had actually grown up a princess in the Enchanted Forest.

"You, kid, why were you born in Phoenix but claim your hometown is in Maine?"

"My birth mom gave me up for adoption," Henry decided to leave out all of the extra details.

The officer nodded. "Ah. Ever get back in touch with your birth mom?"

"Yes." Henry didn't offer any more information.

"How about your birth dad?"

Both Henry and Belle winced at that question, but Henry managed a quiet, "Yeah."

"Alright, back to business." Both Belle and Henry ket out a silent sigh of relief. "What are you doing in Palm Beach?"

"We were going to ask James Patterson for the rights to make a Maximum Ride movie," Belle answered.

"And what makes you think he'd be open to that?"

Belle shrugged. "It was just an idea. We're big fans of the book and know some wonderful actors and actresses who would want parts."

"And you brought a minor into this with you?"

Belle froze. Minor? What did that mean? Henry realized she didn't know what the officer was asking. "Belle is my aunt, and we came up with the idea together, so she brought me along."

"Is she your adoptive aunt or birth aunt?" The officer questioned, trying to not hit another sensitive topic.

"Adoptive," Henry answered. "She and my adoptive mom are...half-sisters..." Henry trailed off and had to try to keep a straight face while realizing he had pretty much just called Belle Zelena.

Belle frowned at Henry, obviously not amused.

After a few more minutes of questioning, the officer let them go with a warning and told them they had three days to leave Palm Beach, and if they were seen there again within the next three years, they'd be arrested on the spot. They bought tickets for a flight to New York City that left the next afternoon.

~

Henry had snagged the keys to Neal's apartment from Emma's room before he and Belle left, so they sat in the apartment, checking to see if anything was happening on Instagram. They had decided to not try to get the rights to the Land of Stories after their experience in Palm Beach.

"Regina, Robin, and Roland are planning on going to either California or Hawaii sometime," Belle said as she read the comments on her latest post.

"Without me?!" Henry asked, moving to look over Belle's shoulder at her phone.

"You're with me in, well, they think we're in Palm Beach," Belle reminded him.

"Still!"

"Henry, your parents need a break."