Chapter 2

The matron froze at the voice of the man. The belt going slack in her hand and dropping to the floor with a thump.

"I- I nothing... yeah nothing." She stutters.

"So you went just hitting her with a belt, causing her pain and scars, and for tears to run from her eyes? Is that really nothing????" The strange man yelled. "Abuse of a child is a crime to humanity! Especially when they have done nothing wrong! Tell me, can you name one thing, one thing that Leighlah has done wrong?"

Wait, Leighlah? Who is that? I thought. So many questions are flying through my head, only to be cut short by matrons yelling.

"She is abnormal! She can make things fly without touching them! Make kids fall down the steps without touching them! She even made in rain in every room in the orphanage except her room! How is that not reason enough to punish her?"

"I see nothing strange about what has happened when young Leighlah is around." The man replied calmly. "Where I come from, it is quite common."

How in the world can he be calm at a time like this? I thought. He dosnt know what is coming for him.

Matron stood there stunned. "Common? How can this be common?" She said so quiet it was almost a whisper.

Once I had gathered up the courage, I looked up into the eyes of the man. They were a bright blue that showed he was calm and kind, but also a bit of worry.

He crouched down to my hight (4'6), and said, "Hello Leighlah. I am professor Dumbledore. I am headmaster at a school called hogwarts school of wichcraft and wizardry, and you Leighlah, are a witch." He spoke calmly. "I have come to offer you a place at my school, so you can learn to control your abilitys."

Hogwarts? I thought. This better not be a joke."

"Oh, Miss. Potter, I can assure you this is not a joke. It is very much real." Dumbledore said.

It was like he had read my mind.

Dumbledore handed me a letter.

Miss L. Potter
St. Margo's orphanage
569 Adams Street
Little Whinging,
Surrey

I wanted to tear open the letter, but one question still rang in my mind. I tried to think my question into his mind.

Dumbledore, my name isn't Leighlah potter. I am freak. That is the name I have been given since I came here.

I guess it worked, because he frowned and said,"Your name is Leighlah Potter. That is the name your parents gave you, and I have no idea why they told you your name was freak. Its not right for anyone to be called that though.

Ok. I thought. Then I opened my letter.