Chapter 11

We got to Dumbledore's office a few minutes later, only to discover he wasn't there yet.

"Don't worry, I'll send a patronus." Sev reassured me.

After sending the patronus, we waited for maybe 30 seconds before Dumbles came running down the hallway, with two teachers behind him.

"Let's go into my office shall we?" Dumbles asked. We all nodded, and after the password was whispered, the stairs opened.

We walked up the stairs, and entered a comfy looking office, with couches and chairs everywhere. Along the walls were pictures of the headmasters that came before Dumbledore. They all stopped what they were doing and looked towards the door, where we were standing, or most of us were standing anyway.

"Please, take a seat." Dumbledore said in an extremely calm voice. It was actually starting to get quite annoying. I mean, how was he so calm all the time? And how in the world does he get his to sparkle like that? Severus and Dumbledore chuckled. Woops, I guess my brain is still connected to their minds... umm, nevermind. Continue. I told Dumbledore.

"So, today we have a bit of a predicament. Leighlah was put in gryffinpuff, so naturally, we don't have a place for her to stay." He said to the room. Then turned to me. "Leighlah, this is Professor McGonagall, head of Gryffindor house, and next to her is Professor Sprout, head of Hufflepuff house."

I nodded, and Professor Sprout started to speak. "Leighlah, I would like to apologize for Diggory's behavior towards you during supper. I would just like to know what made him so angry. Could you show me?"

I looked at Severus and he nodded for me to show her.

This is what I did. He freaked out at me, called me a freak. I told her. I don't have the best past ever, so it brought back many memories.

Professor Sprout gasped, and stared at me. "Did you just... just speak in my head?" She asked, still staring at me.

I nodded, and burrowed my head into Severus' chest, scared of what might happen.

"Wow! That is amazing! I thought only Albus could do that!" She exclaimed.

I smiled a bit, and told her, nope! The only reason I can do this though is because I can't talk or make any sound. It comes in handy most times though. She nodded and smiled at me.

"I'm sorry, did you say she spoke inside your head? I don't believe that for a moment!" Professor McGonagall said. "Only Dumbledore can do that! Stop this nonsense immediately!"

I really can speak in your mind. I don't mean to be rude, but please don't judge someone before you know them. I told her. She gasped, and just like Bill and Charlie, promptly fainted and fell on the couch.

"Well then, now that that is settled, where is Leighlah going to stay?" Dumbledore asked.

I would really prefer to not stay with either Dumbledore. I don't know anyone, and nobody really seems exactly nice. Diggory was rude, and the weasleys have not been to see me the entire time I was in the hospital wing.

"Well, if you don't want to stay with either, then where would you stay?" Dumbledore asked me.

"If I may, headmaster, I would be perfectly fine if Leighlah were to stay with me. I have a spare room I don't use, and if she stayed with me she would know someone." Severus told him.

"Well, I suppose that would work. Is that ok with you Leighlah?" Dumbledore asked me.

I nodded, and Severus stood up with me still on his back.