Chapter 23

Another one because I am sick and have nothing to do... Also, I uploaded the first chapter of Change is Near, the new story I am writing. Go check it out if you would like! Thanks!

We walked back to the castle, and when we reached the great hall, we all went separate ways. The trio to their common room, and me to the chambers I shared with my dad. Once I got there, I didn't say anything, I just walked to my room and fell into bed. I was out in a matter of minutes.

The next day Ron got a reply from Charlie. It said that he would be more than happy to take the dragon, but those who went to pick it up weren't to be seen carrying an illegal dragon. It would be a tricky task, but could be done. We were to take the dragon to the highest tower after curfew, and hand him off to the handlers. It was originally supposed to be Harry and Ron, but by mid afternoon, Ron's hand had swollen to twice the normal size, and it was starting to turn a nasty shade of green. It looks like Norbert's fangs were poisonous. By late afternoon, Ron's hand had turned a nasty shade of green and purple, and had no choice but to go to the hospital wing. We brought him up some food from super, and he told us about how Malfoy had asked to borrow his book, only to realise the note from charlie was still in it! Malfoy now knew that we were getting the dragon out of the castle tonight, and he could get any teachers that he wanted to stop us.

When it was close to curfew, we walked down to Hagrid's hut. He was getting Norbert ready to go.

"I guess it's time for him to go." Hagrid said with tears in his eyes.

"Be good for the people in romania, alright?" He asked the wooden crate that had Norbert in it.

We just got a growl in response. Hagrid then threw a teddy bear inside the crate. "Just something to remind him of home." He said, before a loud ripping sound was heard.

"Hagrid, we have to go now. Curfew is in ten minutes." Hermione reminded.

Hagrid just nodded, and we picked up the crate. It wasn't as heavy as I thought it would be. We walked out of the hut, and back up toward the castle.

"Quick Harry, the cloak!" Hermione whispered.

Harry pulled out a silvery cloak from his bag, and threw it over the two of them and the crate. I wouldn't be going since there wasn't enough room under it. Harry and Hermione disappeared, and I was left to run back to the chambers I shared with my dad. I made it with about two minutes until curfew, but when I opened the door, dad wasn't sitting on his chair. In fact, he wasn't anywhere in the chambers! I shrugged off the question, and ran off to get ready for bed. I'm sure he's just patrolling the corridors. I assured myself, before falling onto bed, and into a deep sleep.

I woke up the next morning super tired, with a pounding headache and a stuffy nose. Well hello, allergy season. I thought while getting ready. I almost fell asleep in the shower, but only woke myself back up when I sneezed and went rocketing back into the shower wall. I shut off the water after that, and dried off. I changed into a pair of dark wash jeggings and a flowing white top. I slid my socks on and a pair of brown boots over the socks. It was actually kind of cute if I say so myself.

I walked out of the room and grabbed my bag from beside the door. Dad still wasn't back yet, so I walked out of the chambers by myself, and toward the great hall. On my way, I passed the house points jars. It looked like Slytherin was leading. I wonder what happened to having Gryffindor in the lead? I'll ask Harry later.

I walked into the great hall to find almost everyone except for the Slytherins glaring daggers at Harry and Hermione. Ron looked just as clueless as I felt. I had no idea why everyone was glaring at those two, especially when everyone was all happy yesterday. Maybe this has something to do with the points missing?