Chapter 13

He stopped, only for a moment to look at who shouted, and his face paled. It was Severus.

"Malfoy! Step away from her now." Sev said in a deadly whisper.

The boy I knew now as Malfoy stepped away from me, and Sev gasped. I guess I looked pretty horrible.

"Now get out of here, and your father WILL be hearing about this!" He yelled at Malfoy.

After he ran off, Sev transfigured something from the ground into a mirror. I gasped at what I saw. There were bruises starting to form around my eyes, blood caked under my nose, and plenty other places that were scratched and torn up pretty badly. I didn't know the extent of my injuries yet, but I knew I would find out soon.

"Come on, you're not walking." Sev told me, picking me up bridal style. "We don't know if Malfoy did any lasting damage to your legs or not. I'll take you to my office/your room, and work on getting you fixed up. Is that ok with you?"

I nodded, and Sev started walking further into the dungeons. After we got into the room, Sev layed me down on the couch and started to feel for injuries. It felt weird having him press on random parts of my torso, legs, and face. Whenever it hurt, I would wince as an automatic response. He apologised very often, and would frequently ask if anything hurt. After a couple minutes of checking, he stood up.

"Well, the only thing I could find broken was you nose, and that can be healed easily. Everything else I can give you a potion for." Sev told me.

Ok. I am really going to kill that Malfoy kid for doing this to me. I growled.

Sev just chuckled. "Go get ready for your afternoon classes. Lunch will be over in about 10 minutes."

I nodded, and walked toward the door.

"Oh, and one more thing!" Sev called from the living area. "If Malfoy gives you any more trouble, don't hesitate to come straight here, alright?"

I nodded again, and walked out the door toward the Potions room, conveniently located a couple doors down. I already had my books, so I walked into the classroom and picked a random desk. I was in there alone for a while, but once kids started coming in, I spotted Harry and Ron right away. It took a couple minutes to wave them down, but they sat next to me once I got their attention.

"Hey Leighlah! How's your day been going? We heard about the fight with Malfoy. That evil git." Ron said.

I am fine now. Professor Snape caught Malfoy, and took care of me. Nothing except a broken nose. I told them.

"Well, that's better than you know, breaking your whole body!"

I nodded, and became really quiet when the door banged open. In walked Sev, with a glare on his face. He looked like he could kill someone with his glare.

"Everyone, SETTLE DOWN!!! Now, there will be no foolish wand waving in this class, like many of you know. Today there is a new student joining the class. Her name is Leighlah. Please try to be kind." Professor Snape snapped.

After lecturing us for a couple minutes, he set us to work on a potion. It was a swelling draught. I was partnered with a cute round faced boy who seemed very scared of Severus. We started making the potion after getting the ingredients needed, and set to work. Neville and I were doing fine, until he accidentally put the wrong ingredient into the cauldron. It seemed like time went in slow motion. It blew up, sending the potion every where. Being the closest to the potion, I got most of it dumped on me. My entire body swelled up, and I think I looked like a big balloon. I fell to the ground, unable to move.

"Everybody out!" Severus yelled.

Everyone scrambled to get out of the potion master's wrath, and the door slammed shut a couple seconds later. Severus walked over to me, with a potion in his hand. It had sort of a bluish tint to it. He pried my mouth open, and poured it inside.