Chapter 14

Hey guys, frenchhornpower here. Just wanted to say that I'm sorry for the slow updates. I will be posting more this summer, and hopefully will finish this book. Now on to the story!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Severus and I also created a friendship that night. We were always together in Sev's chambers, and never seemed to leave the other's side.

The next couple weeks were a bit hectic. I ended up in the hospital wing after my back locked up in charms. I fell out of my chair, and couldn't get up. Madame Pomfrey ended coming down to the classroom because I couldn't stand up to walk to the hospital wing, and Professor Flitwick was too small to lift me. After we got Professor Snape to carry me to the wing, Madam Pomfrey tried all she could to help my back relax. Nothing seemed to work. She did a scan on my back, and found a gigantic knot in my lower back. It was so big it took up my entire back. She had nothing that could fix it, so I ended up laying on top of a muggle ball called a tennis ball. It was supposed to relieve the stress in my back, but instead made it worse. I still had to go to class the next day though. It was so painful. I couldn't make any sudden movements or it would throw my back out, and I couldn't bend forward, backward, or side to side. What makes it worse is that people keep poking and jabbing it. It hurts like hell! Sev was supposed to be making a potion for me, but it would take another couple days to finish. It was driving me crazy!

Three Days later

Right now I'm in potions, and my back is killing me! I lifted something too fast earlier, and made it worse. Now I just get to suffer through it. My back has been locking and unlocking all morning though! It will tense and not allow me to move for a couple minutes, then release. This has happened at least three times each hour! I fell out of my seat in charms again, but assured Professor Flitwick that it would pass. When my back locks, it gets really painful for a couple seconds at a time, as if it is warning me. It has locked up once during potions already, but I didn't fall out of my chair. Just kept working.

Today we were making a calming draught again. This is like the third time we have made it, I made it perfectly every time. I was just about to add the final ingredient when my back started pulsing. I raised my hand, hoping Severus would see and come over right away. Luckily he did, and ran over.

My back is going to lock any minute now. I need you to be right here incase I fall out of my chair. Is that ok? I asked, worry clearly evident in my eyes.

Sev nodded and stood to my right side, waiting to see if I would fall. A couple seconds later, my back tensed, and like I thought, I fell out of my chair. Sev caught me, and lightly put me down on the floor. He kneeled by my front, and rubbed my shoulders until my back untensed. Once it did, he helped me up, and to sit back in my chair.

"You don't have to do anything the rest of the period. Your potion looks perfect like always.

Thanks. Is the potion for my back almost done? It would be much appreciated. I asked, strongly hoping that It would be done soon.

"I'm sorry, but you will have to wait for a couple more days. Some of the ingredients that I need have not come in yet. I'm so sorry." He said, eyes full of pity and regret. I don't want pity! I just need that potion to be done so I am not hurting anymore. He seemed to sense what I was thinking, because the pity left his eyes and he just looked at me with sorrow. He opened his mouth to speak, but was cut off when the bell rang.

"I'll see you after your classes. Go have fun." He told me. "But be careful. The more you move, the worse it gets."

I nodded, and went to my next class.

A couple weeks later I was getting fed up with the constant pains in my back. Severus kept telling me the potion would be ready soon, but christmas was in a week! I would really like to not have a bad back for christmas! That would mean no throwing snowballs! I wouldn't get to throw snowballs for my first real christmas! That's just not right. I mean, who doesn't throw snowballs on christmas? I was laying on my bed, staring at the ceiling, when Severus came bursting in through the door. I flipped onto my stomach and stared at him, waiting to hear what was so important that he needed to interrupt my thoughts. He had a really big smile on his face, and was hopping from foot to foot, as if he really had to use the bathroom.