Chapter 9

I was lying in a bed. A very comfy bed at that. I couldn't see anything, but I could definitely hear.

"Is she going to be alright?" A deep voice asked.

"She will be fine Severus. Just give her time." Another voice said.

Ok, cool. So I know Severus is here, and he carried me up here. And is Severus is here, Dumbledore must be here. But who else? Oh, wait! The person who runs where I am should be here too! What was her name? Madame something, I don't remember.

"I can't stand it! When will she wake up?" Severus asked.

"Just wait! She should be up anytime now. She didn't go over 105, just stayed there. Only resulting for her to pass out, and usually be in a coma for a couple days." A third voice said. It was higher pitched than the rest.

So that must be the person taking care of me. I still don't remember what her name is though.

"A couple days!" Severus yelled. "Poppy, she has been out for 2 weeks! That's definitely not a couple days! Make her wake up now!"

"I'm sorry Severus, but I can't do that. If I even tried, it could cause lasting damage to her brain." The one I knew as Poppy said.

"Well I don't care." Severus snapped. He grabbed my hand. It was cold, and from what I could tell, it was very big.

"Please wake up soon. I can't stand knowing that you might not wake up." He said, talking to me in a hushed voice. "Please, at least let me know you are alive. Do something!"

He sounded really desperate, so I figured, why not try. I mean, what's the worst that could happen?

I tried to move my hand. It was painful at first, but if I moved it slowly, I knew I knew I could at least make it twitch.

"Did you see that? Her hand twitched! I felt it!" Severus yelled excitedly.

"Are you sure Severus? Your mind may have been playing tricks on you." Dumbledore said from the other side of me.

"It's very unlikely for someone to wake up after they have been in a coma this long Severus, and you know it." Poppy said.

"But I felt her hand twitch! I know I did!" Severus exclaimed.

If they weren't going to believe them, I figured that I would at least try to open my eyes.

I tried to pry my eyes open, and they wouldn't budge. I tried again, and got closer. Third time's the charm. I thought, as I tried to pry my eyes open for a third time. To my surprise, it worked! I had only opened them a little bit, before I shut them again. It was really bright. I opened them again, and this time was able to keep them open.

I turned my head to the side, and faced Severus. He looked really worried, so I took my hand, and reached out to touch his leg. His head snapped over towards me.

"Leighlah!" He exclaimed, before crushing me in a huge hug. "I'm so glad you are ok!"

Poppy was looking at Severus like she had seen an alien. I guess it wasn't very common to see him worry about someone.

I smirked at the look on Poppy's face, and turned back to Severus. I gave into the hug he was still giving me, and wrapped my arms around his neck. Severus buried his head in my shoulder, and started to shake.

Hey, hey, hey. What's wrong? I asked him, in as gentle as a voice as I could.

"I didn't think you would wake up! I couldn't bare to loose another person to this!" He said, his voice shaking as he said each word.

I pulled back from the hug a little bit. I'm never going to leave. I told him.

Severus nodded, then put his head back into the crook of my neck.

Severus POV:

I had taken off running toward the doors to the entrance hall, but before I got even half way, her eyes had started to droop.

"No, no, no! Not again!" I murmured quietly.

I ran faster and the doors swung open. But before we got there, she passed out.

"NO!" I yelled, and ran even faster toward the hospital wing. Passing a bunch of worried teachers and ghosts. I didn't stop to answer questions. I kept running and didn't stop until I got to the hospital wing.

"Poppy!" I yelled.

"Yes Severus? What is it now?" She said as she was walking toward the doors. Once they were opened, she saw the young girl in my arms.

"Put her on the bed quickly!" She said, running back to her storeroom.

I set her down on the bed, and sat down beside her, and grabbed ahold of her hand. It was freezing.

"Poppy hurry! Her hands are freezing!" I yelled.

"I'm getting everything! Just give me a minute!" She yelled back.

"Couldn't you just accio them? We need to help her, NOW!!!" I yelled back at her.

"Fine. ACCIO!" She yelled.

The potions all came flying towards me, and I grabbed them just in time. Unscrewing one, I sniffed it to see which one it was, before deciding on a fever reducing potion.

Poppy came out of the store room and cast a diagnostics spell over Leighlah.

"She's at 105 degrees. We need to get her stabilized now! Hand me the fever reducing potion!" She yelled.

I handed her the potion, and she uncapped it and poured it down Leighlah's throat. The fever went down almost immediately.

"Severus, you need to get down to the feast. The kids will be arriving soon. If you want, you can come back up after you have eaten." Poppy told me.

"Fine, but you will be expecting me after we finish eating." I told her.

I walked back down to the great hall, and took my place by Dumbledore.

"How is she?" Dumbledore asked.

"I don't know. Poppy kicked me out before I could tell." I told him.

"Well then, I won't ask any more questions. Here come the first years!" He said.

After that, I stopped paying attention. I heard that Harry Potter got into gryffindor, but I didn't really care. So much like his father that one.

I finished eating quickly and ran back up to the hospital wing. Madam Promey was sitting in the chair beside Leighlahs bed, muttering about how she was too late.

"Why are you too late?" I asked.

"She has already gone into a coma. I'm so sorry Severus." She replied.

2 weeks later-

Leighlah still has still not woken up, and I'm starting to get impatient. I sat next to her bed and grabbed her hand, pleading for her to show me she's alive. She squeezed my hand! I can't believe it! I looked away for a moment to tell Poppy, and when I turned my head back, Leighlah was looking at me, and had her hand on my leg. I was so happy, I grabbed her into a hug, and didn't let go. She relaxed into the hug, and hugged back. I buried my head into the crook of her neck, and was so overcome with emotions, I started to cry. She started to comfort me, her voice was inside my head! That thought left as soon as it had come, and I let her comfort me. I was just so happy she was alive! I have already lost one student this way, and I'm not losing another.