Chapter 27

There were many tasks that I found difficult with one hand. One of those was eating. I had to push the food around my plate until it eventually got onto my spoon, and even that was difficult. It was especially hard, because I made the mistake of putting peas on my plate. I had to attempt to stab them with a fork, but they just rolled away. Finger food was easy to eat, but extremely messy. The cheese from the pizza fell off the bottom part of the pizza, and it landed on my lap. Good thing I was wearing sweatpants instead of my nice jeggings.

When it was time to leave, I had to be careful with my arm, because I couldn't bang it on anyone or anything. Otherwise I would be in extreme pain. To avoid all that, I stayed seated until the majority of the people had gone, and then walked out of the room. I made my way down to my chambers, and opened the door. I found dad already there, sitting on the chair waiting for me. I waved, and walked over to sit on the couch. I was going to write until I had to go meet Harry, Hermione and Ron. That would give me at least three to five hours to write.

The time went by fast. Dad went to bed a few hours ago, but not before asking if I was going to bed too. I said that I would be writing for a while longer, then go to bed. He agreed to that, and left a vial of pain medication on the table for me. I didn't need it yet, but I would definitely take it along.

When it was ten ish minutes until curfew, I grabbed the invisibility cloak from behind the couch. Then I walked over to the door and grabbed my bag, taking all the books, quills and ink pots out of it. Throwing the cloak over me, I walked out the door, careful not to make any sound. If I did, I would most certainly be in trouble. With dad, Filch, and Dumbledore. I didn't want to be in trouble with any of them, all though I am already on Filches bad side. It doesn't take much to make him mad.

I made it up to the Gryffindor common room in no time, and I knocked on the portrait.

"Hey! Watch where you are hitting! I am a work of art!" The lady said, huffing at me.

I gave her an apologetic look, and just as she was about to say something, the door swung open, and Harry appeared.

"Hello? Who is it?" He asked, looking around. I removed the cloak from around me, and he smiled, before his expression turned confused. "Where did you get that?" He asked, his head tilting to one side.

Not now Harry. We need to get inside before a teacher comes by. I said with a sense of urgency.

Harry nodded, and opened the door wider so I could step in. Once I got completely inside, I looked around. I had never been in either the Gryffindor or Hufflepuff common rooms, so this was really cool. The whole room had a red ish tint to it, and was very big. There were sofas and arm chairs surrounding a fire, but also tables by the walls that people could sit at to do homework and other things. When I took a second look at the room, I noticed that there were two people sitting on the couches, and those people were Hermione and Ron. They were both staring at us, but once they realized that we were looking, they looked away. I wonder what that was about.

Harry led me over to the couches, and we both sat down on a chair facing Hermione and Ron.

"You guys look alike, you know that?" Hermione stated quietly, looking from Harry to me.

I shrugged, and she dropped the question. Hermione pulled out a map from her bag and showed it to us. It had a bunch of numbers and dashed lines. There was one big x on one part of the map though. None of it made sense until Hermione started talking. She explained the path that we would take to get to the third floor, to avoid all distractions and Peeves for the most part. There was still a slight chance that we would run into him, but that was a risk that we were willing to take. If we did run into him, we would find the nearest distraction, or come up with something he would fall for.