Chapter 29

Soo... I realised that I was mean and left on a cliff hanger, sorry 'bout that... but good news, I updated again! Yay!! I have also seemed to have gotten something that resembles bronchitus, but I haven't seen the doctor yet, so we don't know yet. This one is also a bit shorter, and I don't have anything writen for the next chapter, so there will be a bit of a wait. Sorry again.---------

Lord Voldemort was attached to the back of Professor Quirrell's head.

"Do you see what I have become? No longer existing in a body, but only a spirit." The face said, the voice suddenly deadly. "I had to take over someone else's body in order to live. The only way that I could inhabit a real body, is with that stone in your pocket!" Lord Voldemort yelled harshly, spit flying in all directions.

Harry backed away from where Quirrell was standing, and went to run up the steps. That was a mistake, because one spell later, the entire perimeter of the room was engulfed in fire. Now there was no way out, and no way to get help.

"You will be staying here Potter! And your little sister too!" Voldemort spit, shooting daggers at me with his eyes.

"Sister? She's not my sister!" Harry said, looking back and forth from me to Voldemort, confusion clearly written on his face.

"That's for later! Now, there is one way out. You could join me! You see your parents in that mirror? I could bring them back with one switch of my wand! I could help you and bring you power beyond belief if you join me!" That crazy smirk was back on his face, and I couldn't help but look into his mind.

They are so going to fall for this. Came from his mind. Their just a couple of eleven year old! Why wouldn't they want to see their parents again?

He was lying. No spell could awaken the dead, not even if they tried. It seems that Harry was thinking along the same lines as me, because the next thing that came out of his mouth was, "No spell can make the dead come back to life! You are a liar!"

This didn't seem to make Lord Voldemort too happy, because he started ordering Quirrell around.

"Seize them!" He yelled, red eyes narrowed in anger.

Quirrell started to run after us. Harry has the quick reflexes of a seeker, so he was able to dodge the attempt Quirrell made to get us. I was not so lucky. Quirrell grabbed onto my arm, but he didn't hold on. Instead, he pulled his hand back like he had been burnt, and looked at it. His hand had turned a grey ish color, and was starting to crack. The next thing I know, his entire hand fell off, and became a pile of dust on the floor. Quirrell just stared at the place his hand had been in horror.

"Well, what are you waiting for! Go get her! She's just standing there!" Voldemort yelled again, his hoarse voice ringing through the room. I started running, wildly looking around the room for any sign of Harry. I finally found him standing against the wall, and actually doing a really good job of staying hidden. I ran over to him.

Harry, the way to defeat Voldemort is to touch him! He touched me with his hand, and then it crumbled and fell off! I explained. We need to sneak up on him, and grab onto his face. If my assumptions are correct, he should turn to dust and Voldemort should hopefully be gone! I was getting excited now. Who wouldn't be though! I had just figured out how to defeat the bad guy!

"Ok! On my count, we go up and grab his face!" Harry whispered to me. "1, 2, 3!" He yelled. We ran from our hiding place, and over to where Quirrell was still standing, seeming transfixed on the place his hand used to be. This should be easy. I thought, before running up and grabbing onto his face. Quirrell screamed in agony, and tried to hit me. I kept my hand in place, and Harry put his on the places my hand couldn't cover.

Quirrell fell to the ground screaming while Voldemort was screaming at him to get up. He did. It was really surprising that he could get up while in all this pain, but it didn't last for long. His face started to turn grey, and he fell to his knees again. We kept our hands in the positions that they were in. A couple seconds later, his face started to crack, and then suddenly blew away, as if there was an invisible wind blowing through the chamber.

Quirrell fell to the ground with a thud, and we took a step back. Harry then pulled the small red stone out of his pocket, and started to examine it. That didn't last long either, because a white ghost type thing came out of Quirrell, and right toward Harry! It went straight through him, then me. The last thing I saw, was Dumbledore running down the steps with dad hot on his heels.

I woke up a couple days later with no memory of what had happened, until I realized that I was in the hospital wing, and Harry was in the bed next to me. I surveyed the room, taking in everything around me. Both Harry and I had a gigantic load of candy on the tray in front of our beds, and I goggled at it for a good couple minutes before I heard someone chuckle from beside me. Slowly, I turned my head. It was Dumbledore! He was smiling away at me, and when he noticed that I was looking at him, he just chucked.

"Ah, you're awake!" He said with a small smile playing on his face. "Do you remember what happened in the chamber?"

I shook my head, then stopped. I had just gotten a huge headache, so bad that I had to lay down. Memories flashed through my brain. Gigantic chess pieces, a three headed dog! That must have been what happened in there!

Dumbledore was watching me intently, as if to see what I would do next. I looked at him, and nodded my head, saying that I did remember. He smiled, and started to speak. "What happened down in the chamber is a complete secret, so naturally, the whole school knows." I smiled at that, but a sudden thought crossed my mind.

What happened to the stone? Did he get it!? My words were frantic, hoping nothing had happened.

"Nothing was stolen, Leighlah, don't worry about it." He replied, a small smile gracing his face. "The stone was destroyed, and no one will be getting to it any time soon."

That's good. I was really hoping that nothing had happened when I was knocked out. I said, relief coursing through me.

Dumbledore just smiled and stood from his place on the chair. "I will see you at the feast, Miss. Snape."

**************Time skip into the next chapter brought to you by Nearly Headless Nick********************