Chapter 30

Holy cow guys, it's been a while! I'm so sorry it's been so long, I truly did not mean to keep y'all waiting this long.
On another note, thank you guys so much for getting this to #224 under the tag Snape! Im truly awestruck and amazed that this story has gotten this far, and I couldn't have gotten here without you guys.
Now..... ON TO THE STORY
----------

Something gold was glinting above Harry, moving around like a, like a snitch! Trying to grab it, he failed, as his arms were too heavy. Blinking, his vision cleared a bit to prove that it wasn’t a snitch, but a pair of golden glasses. How strange.

Blinking once again, the face of Albus Dumbledore swam into view, that annoying sparkle still in his eyes.

“Good afternoon, Harry,” Dumbledore began, before being cut off.

“Sir, please listen to me. Quirrell was here, he took the stone! And, oh gosh, where’s Leighlah?!” Harry was thrashing around frantically at this point, trying to see past Dumbledore to find where Leighlah was. When he saw that both beds were empty, he seemed to sag into the mattress of the bed, running his hands down his face in exasperation. “Please sir, where is my sister!” He finished, sounding tired and defeated.

“Harry, your sister is safe. She was cleared to leave, and I can only imagine that she is down in her father’s chambers, wrapped in the invisibility cloak that they share. I can assure you she is in safe hands.” Dumbledore said, his face contorted into a smile and that darn twinkle never leaving his eyes.    

“But what about Quirrell? He still has the stone! And oh gosh, Voldemort was on the back of his head! He’s still out there Dumbledore, weak, but still out there. We’ve gotta do something, we’ve gotta-” Harry was cut off by chuckling, which quickly turned into a hearty chuckle.

“Harry, my boy, the stone was destroyed! Voldemort is still out there, yes, but we are safe for now.” Dumbledores eyes were twinkling like mad. “now, I do believe there is an end of the year ceremony starting in half an hour. I hope to see you there” Dumbledore stood up from the bed, and walked over to the extensive amounts of candy. Picking up a Jelly Bean, he popped it into his mouth, slightly grimacing. “Alas, earwax!”

---LETS TRAVEL BACK IN TIME A BIT SHALL WE? --

Leighlah's POV

When Madame Pomfrey finally let me out of the hospital wing, the first place I went was down to dad's chambers. Opening the door, my eyes immediately fell upon the sleeping figure of my father in the easy chair. He looked awful - worse than usual. The lines on his face seemed to be deeper, and his hair hung limp around his face, creating a barrier between him and the outside world.

Walking over to the chair, I debated what to do. Deciding on curling up into a ball on his lap. I walked over, and just as I started to get comfortable he started shifting.

"Wha?" He said, rubbing the sleep from his eyes. Once he was fully awake, his eyes widened and he enveloped me in a hug.

"Leigh! I'm so glad youre back!" He hugged me tightly, nuzzling his face in my hair.

"Daaaaaadddddddddd, we gotta go! The ending feast is soon, and not to be rude, but you look terrible."

Dad looked down, before shrugging. "Alrighty, I'll go change into my other bat like robes. I'll be back in 5 minutes. Wait here please." He walked out of the room, and a door shut down the hall.

-- Five minutes later cause I'm lazy and don't wanna write about sitting for 5 minutes --

We headed down to the great hall, stopping in front of the entrance doors.

"I'll see you after the feast Leigh." Dad said, before walking off to the side and through the secret teacher door.

I turned back to the doors and pushed them inwards, opening both of them at once. As soon as I opened them, I was tackled by none other than my brother.

"Hiya Harry, how you been?" I gasped out through the suffocation of Harrys arms.

"I'm a lot better now!" He replied, before letting go of me and dragging me over to the gryffindor table. We took our seats, and almost immediately after, Dumbles started talking.

"Another year gone, and I must trouble you all with an old man's wheezing waffle before we sink our teeth into this delicious feast. What a year it has been! Hopefully your heads are a little fuller than they were. You have a whole summer ahead to get them nice and empty before next year starts. Now, as I understand it, the house cup here needs awarding, and the points stand thus: in fourth place, Gryffindor with 312; in third, Hufflepuff, with 352; Ravenclawhas 426, and Slytherin, 472."

The slytherin table broke out in applause, while the Gryffindor table sat sulking.

"Yes, yes, well done, Slytherin. However, recent events must be taken into account. I have a few last minute points to dish out. Let me see. Yes... First... To Mr. Ronald Weasley for the best-played game of chess Hogwarts has seen in many years. I award Gryffindor house 50 points. Second... To Miss. Hermione Granger... For the use of cool logic in the face if fire, I award Gryddindor House 50 points. Third... To Mr. Harry Potter and miss. Lrighlah Snape - for pure nerve and outstanding courage, I award gryddindor house 60 points." Dumbledore paused, looking around the room. "There are all kinds of courage. It takes great courage to stand up to enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends. I therefore award 10 points to Mr. Neville Longbottom. Which means we need a little change of decoration." With a wave of his wand, the slytherin banners were removed and replaced with those holding the gryffindor crest. The great hall burst into cheers, congratulating gryffindor house.

In the midst of all the cheering, the food had shown up. Everyone dug in, and it was soon time to retire to the commons to pack for the trip home.

--skipping to packing--

"You ready to go Leigh?" Dad asked, magicking his things into his bag.

"You betcha dad." I replied, getting my things packed as well.

Everyone else had left on the train an hour ago. Hermione, Ron, Harry and I all promised to write and stay in touch over the summer, before they hopped on the train and it took them away.

"Well then, let's go" Dad took my hand, and we walked out of the dungeons and out of the castle, apparating out of sight after we got past the castle doors.

----------------

Wow, what a journey. I can't believe it's been over 2 years since I started this book! Thank you so much to all of the people who stuck through all of my crazy updates and weird authors notes. I really appreciate it!
The next book will be started soon, and the first chapter will most likely be posted sometime this week as im gonna be in the car a lot.  I look forward to seeing all of you at the next book!