Chapter 18

I had nothing to do in FLEX, so here's another update for you guys.

Severus POV:

"Professor Snape!" The Granger girl called.

"What is it girl? Can you not see I am busy?" I asked quite irritably. I also had not gotten much sleep last night, just like Leighlah.

"It's Leighlah sir. She has fallen asleep! I don't think she has done any of the instructions yet either!" Granger said, pointing toward Leighlah.

"If you had opened your eyes, you would have realised that she already finished her potion, and has brought it to me. Neither of us got much sleep last night, so I would say sleeping is perfectly acceptable for her." I snapped, going back to my work.

"But sir," Miss. Granger continued, before I cut her off.

"No buts! You will let her sleep. She was done first, and therefore gets the right to the sleep she did not get last night. Now get back to work!" I was irritated and done. Leighlah could sleep for the rest of the time, and I wouldn't give a care in the world. It was then that the bell rang, and everyone rushed to leave.

"Must I remind you that this is a double period? You will be back here in five minutes. No exceptions." I shouted. The entire class groaned, and slowly made their way either out the door or to their seats. When the bell rang for class to start again, everyone was in their seats, and already working on the potion. Leighlah was still asleep, even with all the noise from the bell and the students. The period went by quickly, with only a few interruptions from students asking stupid questions. When there was five minutes until the bell would ring, I walked out from behind my desk, and over to where Leighlah was sitting in the corner. I gently prodded her shoulder, hoping she would wake up. She didn't budge. I poked her again. She still didn't budge. I was getting worried, so I sent her a mind message.

Leighlah, please wake up. The bell will ring in five minutes.

Leighlah's POV

I was having a nice and peaceful nap, when someone decided to try and wake me up. They prod my shoulder, and I didn't want to answer. I was just too tired. The person said something that I couldn't quite make out, and when I didn't respond, they poked my shoulder. Then I heard a familiar voice in my head.

Leighlah, please wake up. The bell will ring in five minutes. It said. It was dad! I needed to wake up before he got too worried. I tried to open my eyes. They wouldn't budge.

I'm awake, but I can't open my eyes! Help me! I yelled in dad's head, hoping he would hear me. I guess he did, because he dismissed class early, and once the classroom was quiet, he picked me up and we flooed to the hospital wing. Once we arrived, I was set on a bed, before dad called for Madame Pomfrey. I guess she finally came out of the room, because she started talking to Severus.

"Not her back, is it Severus? I thought we were done with that!" Madame Pomfrey said in exasperation.

"No Poppy. She fell asleep in class, and is awake, but she can't open her eyes! Her mind is active, as she spoke to me earlier." Dad explained.

"Well, do you think she could talk to me? Then I can know what is wrong from her perspective." Madame Pomfrey asked.

I think Severus nodded, because the next thing I knew, he was talking to me. "Leighlah, can you tell Poppy what is wrong?" He asked.

I nodded, and focused on getting my thoughts to transfer to Madame Pomfrey's head. I am awake and can do things, but I can not open my eyes to show that I am actually awake. Could you help me? I asked, hoping she had something for me.