Chapter 16

Here's a part before I go to bed, just because why not.

~~~~~~~~~~

Severus turned to me, suddenly looking years older. "Leighlah, there is something we have been keeping from all the students here." He told me, looking regretful. "Have you read the Daily Prophet lately?"

I nodded, and motioned for him to keep speaking.

"Well, in the Prophet it talked about a robbery at Gringotts, the wizarding bank. The thieves had tried to get into vault 713, only to find it had already been opened. In that vault there was something very important to a man named Nicholas Flamel. Do you know what that was?" Sev asked, his eyes twinkling in the same way Dumbledore's had only minutes before. I shook my head in confusion. What in the world is he talking about? I questioned myself. Sev seemed to understand my unasked question, because he chuckled and continued speaking.

"Nicholas Flamel is the creator of the philosopher's stone. It is a stone that will basically let you live forever. You make something called the elixir of life from that stone. Anyway, the stone is in danger of falling into the wrong hands, so Flamel asked if Dumbledore could watch over it for him. When he agreed, the stone was placed into vault 713. That way we could send someone from here to get it. After we got the stone, Dumbledore placed it under heavy guard. You saw the three headed dog on halloween right? The stone is being guarded by that dog, along with many other enhancements that we put on it." Sev said, taking a break from talking to let it all sink in. "So you know that Quirrell was in that room on halloween right? Well, there is something off about him. I haven't figured it out yet, but there is something wrong. I think that the Dark Lord is wants to have the stone and use it for bad, but I'm not completely sure yet. Once I do know though, you and Dumbledore will be the first to know."

Ok, thank you for telling me. I agree that Quirrell has been acting strange. Do you think that he is working for the "Dark Lord" as you call it? I asked, much happier that I knew what was going on.

"He might be. He definitely seems like the person to be on the dark side." Sev confirmed. "But for now, we can only wait and see."

I nodded and picked up my quill. It was my favorite quill, with blue and green zebra print on one side, and a solid blue on the other. It was kind of a sky blue, but mixed with a darker blue at the same time. My ink was color changing, but I had managed to charm it (with the help of professor Flitwick) to only change into different shades of blue and green. I am not quite sure how he managed that, but I know it was a really long spell. Anyway, I had written about half a page more, when someone else came in through the fire. I again glared at the fire, but stopped once I saw who it was. This time it was a short little man, known as Professor Flitwick. He also dusted himself, before standing up straight and surveying the room. Once his eyes found mine, he squeaked in delight.

"Miss. Leighlah! It is so good to see you awake and out of bed!" He said in his squeaky little voice. "I was worried you would still be on bed rest for christmas!"

I'm fine now sir. Very glad I can move for christmas. I told him. Thanks for the book! I already read it, and I think I can do a couple more spells that aren't too hard!

"Well, that's good for you! I can't wait to see how much you have progressed after christmas!" Flitwick said, before stepping back into the green flames, and vanishing out of sight.

Can I get back to writing now? Or will there be any more interruptions? I asked Severus annoyed that I couldn't even right a page without being interrupted.

Sev chuckled, and said, "Hopefully no more interruptions, but knowing the staff, there will be more coming."

I huffed, and went back to writing. Hopefully the next person won't be stopping by soon. I thought, while writing the next sentence. By my word count I saw that I had already written around seven thousand words. That was a really good count for only have been writing for a day.

The rest of the morning went by and nobody else stopped in. We had ham and cheese sandwiches for lunch, a muggle delicacy I hear. After lunch, we didn't do much more. It was still writing and grading papers, although Professors McGonagall and Sprout did end up stopping by. I was lucky at a good stopping point, and didn't mind stopping nearly as much as this morning. Both McGonagall and Sprout were glad I was back on my feet, and hoped that I would stay healthy and safe. Severus and I didn't tell any of the teachers aside from Dumbledore that Sev had adopted me. We planned to keep it quiet at first, and once we are both ready for the outcome, we would announce it. Sev had told me that there would be hate mail that would come, so I needed to be ready for it. Also that the people that were in my class would most likely not like me very much. I was fine with that. I'm not very noticed in my classes anyway. Nobody would really care anyway. I don't think Harry, Ron and Hermione would care too much if I told them right away when I see them next. As it got closer to supper time, my idea well was running low. I had only written around ten thousand words, and it was too early to be having writers block! I couldn't let that happen. Never in a million years. So I went back and reread what I had already written. I thought it was pretty good, but there were some places with loose ends. I fixed those, and went to the part that I had just finished. My character had just gotten adopted, and was heading off to a magic school, kind of like hogwarts. She had a life kind of like me, but different. She was adopted by magic people, but unlike me she was not abused as a kid. She lived in a good orphanage, one where they got enough food and new clothing. A happy orphanage. When I write, I like to give the characters more that I had, so she gets a happy orphanage.

Before I knew it, we were eating supper. Tonight it was a hamburger/ cheeseburger. Another muggle food, and it was really good. I ate all my food within maybe ten minutes, and got a second cheeseburger. I was still hungry, so I asked Severus to make a pan of brownies. Those were also very good. After supper I went and got ready for bed. I showered and put on my blue pajama pants and black shirt, also a pair of the socks I got from Dumbledore. Once I managed to get my hair combed and in a fishtail braid over my left shoulder, I went out to sit on the couch. I sat there and wrote for hours on end. If I showered around six thirty, I sat there for maybe eight or nine hours. when I actually fell asleep, it was two or three in the morning, and Severus had already fallen asleep in the chair. I was too tired to move, so I put the ink and quill along with my papers on the table, pulled a blanket over me, used my arm as a pillow, and fell asleep.