5

The weather outside were nice, so I had no problem with having to walk to school that day. When I arrived at campus ground, I quickly made my way to my first class, the only class I shared with Rae. "How did it go yesterday?" Rae asked

"It was great, so much better than I had expected, he was... so different than from how he usually is"  I said and told Rae everything or nearly, I kept a few details to myself, Rae seemed glad for me. All of sudden I couldn't help, but notice that something was wrong. However, as quickly as it had come it was already gone, and I wondered if it had really been there or not.

"She really scolded him-" Rae was interrupted by Professor Perry "-Ms. Distel, Ms. Sparks, would you mind paying attention and talk a little less?". Professor Perry was our current teacher. What she just said might have seemed rather like a question, but it was clear it wasn't, it was an order.

"Ree?" a voice questioned, I had been daydreaming and was pulled out of it. I dreamt I was standing on a huge stage, singing one of my originals, everyone was singing with me. It was amazing, but I knew it would never happen, I would be too shy and afraid.

I turned to the source of the voice, Professor Jones, he normally didn't disturb me outside of my private lessons, I knew I had a free period at the moment but that was beside the point. He would still not disturb me in the library, especially when I was studying, something had to be up. "Professor?" I questioned confused as I was.

"Please come with me, there is someone I'd like for you to meet" he replied and gestured for me to follow him. He seemed extremely secretive and excited to me, I just hoped for this surprise to be better than the last one, which had turned out to be okay but that's beside the point.

I followed him in silence all the way to his office, when he opened the door I was greeted by a man sitting in the couch, the man, whom was wearing a black suit, seemed in his mid-fifties, his hair was grey and he was fairly well fit.

The man and I shook hands, he introduced himself as James Lancaster, but I still had no idea who he was or why he was here. I sat down on the chair opposite the couch, and Professor Jones at Mr. Lancaster' right side. I wondered if I had done something wrong, but then it didn't make sense for Professor Jones to look all happy and excited.

"Ree, Mr. Lancaster here has something he would like to tell you" said Professor Jones, all I could think was 'you don't say?', However as much as I wanted to say it aloud, I refrained from doing so, instead I looked at Mr. Lancaster.

"I do, and I hope you will at least consider what I have to say" it sounded promising already "you see, I am here, to give you a great opportunity. I'm the owner and CEO of Lancaster records, you see, and from what I have heard you have a great voice, which is why we have decided to offer you a record deal, you see. However the proposition, you see, is not final until we have heard you live at the charity concert. Never the less we would like to give you the contract we would like to give you, so you can look over it now, you see, and give you the opportunity to record the music for the concert at our label, you see" I was shocked, but also glad about what he had said. However, I was also really annoyed at his 'you see', just how many times had he said that?

"Thank you so much, this is truly amazing" I thanked him, and took the contract he was handing over to me.

"Did you want to use our boots?" He asked, I wasn't so sure about that, I would much rather do it completely live

"No thank you, sir, I wanted to do it acoustic and completely live, if that's okay?" I said, not sure how to recline his kind offer

"That is just wonderful, I hoped you would say that, to be honest" I was relieved. "Now I think that was everything, so I better get going. I am after all a quite busy man, you see" he shook both mine and Professor Jones' hand before he left us

When I left she was very exited to tell Rae about this. getting a record deal or even getting the possibility was a huge thing, I couldn't help but smile to myself.

--------------------------------------------------------

Next update: not the coming weekend but the one after that (or sometime around there)