14

A little over a week had passed since my attack, and in that time, I had settled on the songs that I would sing at the concert, gotten the performance with the boys nearly ready to show, which was on saturday so it was just fife days away. I had also gotten surprisingly fond of the boys - although I would still refuse them if their questions got too personal.

That was also why Rae and I sat with them for lunch, something Nate had actually asked me if we wanted to.

To be honest they had in some way become protective of me, not as bad as Jay though. Ever since my attack it was like he was afraid I would get another, so he was all over me, making sure I was okay, and let me just say; it was starting to annoy me - let me just correct that, it was without doubt annoying me.

I know what you think, I should have tried talking to him, but believe me I tried, and it barely made any difference. Besides, lately he hadn't been home that much anyway, which was making me suspicious.

"Ree?" someone called, "are you there?" I looked up and my eyes met Nates. It seemed I had been lost in my own little world.

"sorry" I replied with an apologising smile "I got lost in thought"

"it's alright" he smiled and looked back at the others, saying "let's take it again"

"1, 2, 3, 4" Alex yelled slamming his drumsticks together once on each number before he and the others started playing.

"I used to be that shy girl
In a corner alone
Afraid to speak up
But then you came and changed it all"  I sang

"I was losing myself
Popular as I was
To all those expectations
But then I met you" Nate sang

"Together we're complete" we both sang before continuing with the chorus and then the rest of the song, Out of the dark.

"I think that's the best we've done yet" Alex exclaimed, and silently we all agreed, because it really was great compared to some of the other times, though it wasn't like it had gone bad the other times to be honest it was quite the opposite.

--------------------------------------------

I'm terribly sorry that I have not updated for 3 weeks, which is why this is so short (I just had to update). I really have no excuse for not updating, all I can say is that there won't be any updates next week as I'm going skiing with my school and my phone has stopped working, at all.