17

The dinner with Aiden went well, I found out that he was actually a quite nice guy, of course that didn't mean I was okay with Jay not telling me about him. To be fair, I guess I wasn't that mad - more like disappointed and hurt, that resulted in me giving him the silent treatment as soon as Aiden had left.

"How long are you gonna keep that up?" Jay asked for the seventh time, though it felt like more. It was the next morning, and he was clearly frustrated which made it all better. "I'm still driving you to school" he added when he realised I wouldn't answer him anytime soon.

Time passed by somewhat quickly, and for that I was grateful. However, as soon as lunch break came around, my phone rang. I was surprised to say the least, when I saw the caller was Jay, that was probably why I forgot all about the fact that I wasn't talking to him. The reason it shocked me was that it was very abnormal for Jay to call me whilst I was in school. Anyway, I picked up, and was met by Jay saying "officer Taylor called, said to come to the station immediately, I'm already waiting for you outside"

"Give me two and I'll be there" I hung up on him, gave Rae a brief description of the situation, and hurried to the car and waiting Jay. I had a bad feeling about it, and not just your ordinary bad feeling, it was really bad, and I did not like that fact one tiny bit.

As soon as I had closed the door, Jay turned the engine up, there really was no time to waste and we were both anxious to hear what it was, fearing what it might be, but hoping it would be good news. That tiny bit of hope, was what I was desperately clinging onto as we drove to the station.

As we walked inside, I felt like I was dragging my feet behind me, I didn't pay attention to my surroundings, just followed the secretary to officer Taylor's office. Here we were greeted by the officer, who seemed nervous which I didn't take as a good time, and then we were told to sit down.

"I have both good and bad news" it was clear the officer were careful as he choose the right words. "I'm going to start with the bad one" we nodded and waited for him to continue. "the bad news is, your father has been spotted in the state, everytime being closer to the city than the one before" I couldn't believe it "and the last time, was actually in the city." There was no longer any doubt in my mind. He had found us.

"However, the good news is, we have doubled the amount of people on the case" I closed my eyes for a brief moment, and a small smile that were quickly gone again, found it's way to my lips. "I know both of you are aware of the seriousness of the situation, that is why I must tell you to be extra careful" I nodded and glanced at my brother, he seemed composed enough. "And before I forget, we will be supervising your apartment, that means, that there will constantly be an officer watching the building of your apartment. If anything is wrong you will be able to contact the officer on this number" he handed Jay a piece of paper, which Jay took without hestitating. "I think that is everything, I'll call whenever there is an update on the situation"

After he had finished his update we thanked him and said goodbye, before leaving the station.

-----------------

I wanted to make it longer, but then this just seemed to be the perfect place to end the chapter, so I decided to do it. However, that means that there will hopefully be an update ready soon :)