18

It was a silent ride back to college, it seemed both Jay and I was lost in thought. That was probably also the reason I was surprised he parked the car, instead of just halting it so I could get out.  it surprised me, but i dismissed it, until Jay started getting out.

"What are you doing?" I asked sharply

"Getting out, I have to talk to Professor Jones." What was this about? Jay had never done this before, and it got me worried. "Do you mind showing me to his office?"

Taken aback, I replied: "uh... sure." So I did what I had said I would, and proceeded to walk out, thinking they preferred to talk in private, when I was stopped by Jay.

"I think it's best if you're here, this concerns you" he reasoned, so I sat down. By the looks of this, it seemed serious and important to Jay, somehow I also got nervous. Mostly because I thought it was weird.

The conversation went something like this:

"So what is this about?" Professor Jones asked

"I don't want Ree to do the concert, it is too dangerous - as our father is on the lookout for us" Jay replied, shocking me completely

"What!? no way! I'm doing the concert" I angrily said

"No, you're not! I want no discussion - it's too risky. Beside, only a few weeks ago you difinetly didn't want to do it" Jay turned to face me

"Actually, there is a problem. If you want Ree to continue college, she has to, the principal ill expel her if she doesn't. Also, the record company needs her to perform there, if she wans the record deal" Professor Jones made the both of us turn to him

"I don't care, her safety comes first!" Jay was stubborn,  however I was just as stubborn - if not more.

"Jay, I'll be fine"

"No, you won't. Do you realise what's at stake? He promised he'd get revenge! You know he is coming after us, the police even said to lay low!"

"I don't care, this is my future and my decision"

"I'm your guardian"

"And I'm a legel adult"

"Sure isn't acting like one"

"Neither are you, and you're supposed to be the older one!"

"Calm down, both of you!" Professor Jones intercepted. "Let's make a deal. We tell the principal of the situation, if he is still determined Ree has to do the concert - she does it. If he's not, then she doesn't do it." We agreed on it, but solely because none of us had better suggestions, and we both knew there was no way we'd come to an agreement.

So we went to the principal, who was quick to decide. I didn't perform, I was not in this college anymore. So that meant the issue was solved, I was performing at the concert.

--------------------------------------------------

I'm aware this is short, but I had to get something up, and I felt like I needed a scene like this to really show Jay