Pain [2/2]

Chapter 11

[baekhyun's pov]

18/11/22

10:30 kst, Sunday, november 22.

It's been three weeks but still I haven't told him ev'rything. I've been aiming to tell him about this last week but, the problem is; I couldn't find a great timing. Reasons are maybe bcos; whenever I'm about to speak, my heart starts to tremble and I felt ev'rything falls into piece.

Im plainly nervous sitting on the passenger seat. I kept on taking deep breaths and felt sweats over my skin. I couldn't possibly stop having my thought of what's about to happen next.

Ting-

My nervousness slowed down as soon as I heard my phone rang aloud.

'hey, I heard from joonmyun hyung that you're planning to tell chanyeol ev'rything today. good luck.' It was from the youngest, sehun. His message made me smile while simultaneously holding my laughter within, I mean, he's being too munchie and personally, it doesn't suit him. but, thanks to him; I felt a little ligther than before this self encouraging, thoughtful message.

"thank goodness," I heard yeol sighed sending me look at his face and stared back on to his sparkling eyes.
"wae?" I saw him gave off a smile while I waited for him to answer as he continues to drive.
"you just made my day complete with just a flash of smile." his voice echoed dearly into my ears and the sentence he left made my heart flutter with just one click.

. . . .

it was winter, so surely, the air felt cold as ice. Luckily, I was on my sweater making me sit back feeling warmth and cozy. The atmosphere was light and the sun up above shinned bright. He brought me in to a café where walls are painted like stars in the galaxy and he bought me random gifts such as: a round pillow where a cute puppy was printed. a mug where there's written the word; smile. a popular novel that william successfully published. A black eye mask and a small purple lava lamp.

Of course I enjoyed the whole day with him but the last destination made me cry bucket of tears.

He brought me to namsam where I see the heights of seoul. There I see an amazingly blue but melancholy tamed clouds and im surrounded by people with smiles as big as the sun. Suddenly I remembered, a memory from the past.

. . . .

Our band was grouped into two. They are namely; exo k and m. obviously, k means; korean members and m means mandarin which is particularly origined from china(in short term; chinese members excluding minseok hyung and jongdae). There's an exo's showcase prettily named; exo's showtime, which is broadcast worldwide to see our ev'ryday life and in that show, we're able to be ourselves [tho some people say it was scripted—honestly it is—but some isn't]. we do what we want and be free to have fun.

The main thing is; we had our episode where we focused on china line (episode 7). We—kyungsoo and i—escorted the china line and toured them around seoul. We went to gwanghwamun square where we saw king sejong; the person who made hangul. We went to hanok village where we saw traditional designed houses. To gyunbokdong where we ate hot pot first time as twelve members and our first destination; namsan, where we ate potato sausages, ice creams and went up to namsam tower where we came for locks (it was zitao's idea). It was beyond incredibly fun, but as I come back to those mem'ries; it makes me miss them so much.

. . . .

It was practically a billion apart but it felt like I can touch the sky. I felt the fresh air and so does the slightest heat of the sun. I was sitting on a bench placed right on the center of the view and as I felt relaxed a surprise flashed beyond amazingly true.

Locks.

"gaja?"

In his hand, he holds a pen. He had a smile as he wrote his name.

"your turn." He offered me his pen as I stared back at his face. I smiled back and wrote my name but suddenly my heart went all too melancholic as I feel the pain.

. . . .

The day ends and we drove off our home but..

"yeol," I called out onto his name as he looked back still with hands turning the wheel.
"hm?" he hummed and cornered a smile but im here hiding the pain inside.
"can we pull over the spot?" there were silence for a minute or so, I stared back into his eyes and waits silently for his answer.
"of course. anything for my pretty prince." I thought he'd say no but he agreed to go. as soon as we arrive, I'll tell him ev'rything that he needs to know.

. . . .

[chanyeol's pov]

Ive had a feeling that something might end up tonight and a mysterious force brought us back to where it begins.

Again, I see a place filled with city lights as if like they were fireflies. Still, it was the same as before but I can't help it to feel something wrong.

"the scenario's beautiful, isn't it?" baek took a deep breath as I looked back and saw his sparkling eyes.
"ne." I nodded and flashed him a smile. he took a long sigh and face back into my eyes. our conversation grows and I felt like this happened before in time. it was on said in a diff'rent line; as the words he's saying we're actually mine.

"i remembered when we first held hands. our last laughter left when everyone waved goodbye." it may not be exactly the same but the words he's saying was as the way it's supposed to be said.
"this place, is exactly where we last saw each others faces. our faces are filled with sadness and tears on our eyes are seen even in darkness." There were same keys and meanings seen in his eyes.
"yeol,.." he called out on to my name exactly as he did last time.
"i promise, i would never leave your side." His promise were kept
"i'll always be right here, till death do us part." till death do us part.
"why are you saying this?" i can't help it not to conceal what im feeling. I don't understand—i don't want to understand.

"im dying, yeol." only, one thing is diff'rent. he said those words perfectly sad and it hurts my heart too much that i wanted to scream out at the top of my lungs. i knew it from the beginning but i can't prepare myself accepting it. not yet. not now. not ever.

There were silence, no one's talking. probably im hearing nothing but the wind. the cold air touched my skin and i felt a tear streamed down my cheek. I feel the pain by seeing him smile as he speaks bcos i knew he's hurting saying this aloud infront me.

I hugged him tight and hid my face behind him, he hugged me back and i felt him crying.

"im sorry." he apologized and i felt his pain.
"shh.. it's okay, it's not your fault." he sobs aloud and started crying.
"im sorry i couldn't keep my promise." He's broke in my arms and i felt the world crumbled down into ash. It kills me hearing him say thosew words and then it started to hurt as if like im torned.

. . . .

_

150805

an: so yas! this is it. i hope you liked it. thanks! ☻